Bought me a new stove today..well...

The vintage stoves are still being used.
Show us some pics of yours.
realityguy

Bought me a new stove today..well...

Postby realityguy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Well..not quite new by about 70 years+..1940 coleman single burner with a tank the size of a regular coleman lantern!about 7" across tank,7-1/2" top.
I was over talking to friend at the local indoor swap meet and spied the burner painted a "chippy" battleship gray..I was going to get it but he said "it's a Coleman"..so i used a fingernail to chip some paint and found the rising sun and A/40 and it seemed to pump up okay so gave him the $20.
I used some steel wool to take most of the paint off the chrome tank,put a small amount of fuel in it,pumped it up,and put a match to it.I got a lot of yellow flames at first but after 4-5 minutes of heating up, it settled down and burns great!

:DB: :DB:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Re: Bought me a new stove today..well...

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:17 am

I have the same stove but it is green. I am still keeping an eye out for the AGM version that is about the same size; BIG. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:10 pm

Did it finally go into warp drive? :)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Cuz, I believe the Coleman is made from nickel(maybe plated) and not stainless steel ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Vintage Backpacking Stoves”