Peak 1, vintage yet?

The vintage stoves are still being used.
Show us some pics of yours.
Ridgerunner

Re: Peak 1, vintage yet?

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Using the coleman parts number 400-5571, a short search found one for $11 ;) :D
https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/shop/product.php?productid=272&page=1
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:02 pm

Find another on craigs that is a piece of garbage or busted..should be able to get it for $5-10..and fix your better one..has to be cheaper than a new part and "shipping costs".Peak ones come up all the time on craigs around here..not much demand for them because of their weight.
Right now there is one locally on craigs(400 or 400a)for $35..about the new price..probably won't sell for that...and it's in good shape.
You can also post for "items wanted" on craigs that you want one and why.. and how much you want to pay..probably get just the part for $10 or less no problem...or in the "sports equipment" area (wanted,WTB,want to buy,etc..)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Actually, it looks like it's still available for the 400A.
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/parts/ProductImage2.asp?product_id=400A7017

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:15 pm

realityguy wrote:Find another on craigs that is a piece of garbage or busted..should be able to get it for $5-10..and fix your better one..has to be cheaper than a new part and "[b]shipping costs

??????? Why pay for a piece of garbage or busted one to only find out the part you need may also be broken?
You can also post for "items wanted" on craigs that you want one and why.. and how much you want to pay..probably get just the part for $10 or less no problem...

Seems like a headache and a lot of work to save $1 :lol:

Looks like you found the part you need anyway so I hope it all works out for you :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:08 pm

?
?????? Why pay for a piece of garbage or busted one to only find out the part you need may also be broken?

I was assuming the part he needed could be verified to be in good shape...

Most post was 2 minutes after yours... :roll: At the time of the writing the new part hadn't been found...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

sudden

Postby sudden » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Found this site with info on vintage coleman stoves.

Don't see a peak 1.

http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/show ... p?fid/128/
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Sigh...
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Antiqu ... /400098219

I guess Peak Ones are "vintage" but it depends on how you write it and to whom it is considered "vintage"..if someone is "picky" about the definition..they are buttheads in my book.Others may not care as much... :roll:
I sure as heck know I'm "vintage"..Like fine old wine!..but the wife may consider me as an "antique" instead..depends a lot about when,where,and what she happens to be looking at at that moment..meaning ..maybe a "nonvintage" comparison chippendale dude...... :lol:

On the other hand..I had a butthead on ebay question my definition about a camera item being "mint" in the "Ask a seller a question" for the item.I told him he didn't need to bid on the item if the word bothered him.The guy that won the auction left in my feedback.."Yep..it's "MINT!"... :lol:

sudden

Postby sudden » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:54 pm

I never understood circa either
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

Return to “Vintage Backpacking Stoves”