Peak 1, vintage yet?

The vintage stoves are still being used.
Show us some pics of yours.
Bfinnigan

Peak 1, vintage yet?

Postby Bfinnigan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:15 pm

My Coleman Peak 1 stove I bought when I was 16 is still running great. Is a 30 y/o stove considered vintage? I like the "Made in Wichita Kansas" label on the side of it. That is probably why it still works. I doubt any stove made in China will still be working 30 later with very heavy use.
Even a bad day on the mountain is better than a good day at the office.

realityguy

Re: Peak 1, vintage yet?

Postby realityguy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:55 pm

A lot of the collectors here have at least one...including me.. ;) ..Hmm..maybe more..I'd have to check.. :roll:
I'm going through Coleman Lanterns now,cleaning,repairing,etc..with this latest storm i should be able to get rid of most of them because of power outages,etc.
A guy came by yesterday for a 1977 Coleman lantern still sealed in the original box, and proceeded to open the box to make sure nothing was busted as far as the glass and that..everything was originally packed right down to the hood not assembled on and all the cardboard separaters..I swore I heard a lot of collectors crying outside... :lol: I had people as far away as tennessee that wanted that one but insisted on paying with paypal..their loss..I don't use paypal.
I'm cleaning up a 73,got another 77,and three of the smaller ones..2 red ones (56,63) and a small green one dated 81..Move them out!I use another one...They kind of grow around here...like potatoes.. :o
Peak ones..Looked quick and found a 400,400A,and at least one lantern(propane or iso).
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:27 am

Still have mine also. Sits on a shelf, lonely, gathering dust :( :(

The Coleman store in Wichita is a great place to visit if you get the chance. They seem to have one of each of all the items they made on their walls, shelves etc. on display like a museum. Totally interesting.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:27 pm

I've got a Peak1 400A with a leaking valve. Anyone know where I can get a replacement?
Also, I think I bent the fount slightly where the valve inserts. Can that be straightened, or is it even necessary to do so?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Have you tried Coleman online?..You aren't related to Chainsaw Willie at nwhikers.com,are you?(same avatar)..you look like twins! :shock:

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:09 pm

CajunHiker wrote:I've got a Peak1 400A with a leaking valve. Anyone know where I can get a replacement?
Also, I think I bent the fount slightly where the valve inserts. Can that be straightened, or is it even necessary to do so?

Send a PM to oops56. That should wake him up from hibernation for a min or two to get you an answer. He is sure to know. He's probaly under a few yards of snow or soon will be.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Contact Coleman parts shop. They sent me some graphite valve bushings for free ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:37 pm

Does the valve just pull out after the cap is removed?

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:37 pm

CajunHiker wrote:Does the valve just pull out after the cap is removed?

See if this helps CajunHiker ;)

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/parts/ProductImage2.asp?product_id=400-499
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:45 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
CajunHiker wrote:Does the valve just pull out after the cap is removed?

See if this helps CajunHiker ;)

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/parts/ProductImage2.asp?product_id=400-499

Looks like they disco'd the valve assembly :(

Return to “Vintage Backpacking Stoves”