Vulcan stove

The vintage stoves are still being used.
Show us some pics of yours.
zelph

Re: Vulcan stove

Postby zelph » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:38 pm

The aluminum container is going to work well for a kitchen kit. It's bottom section holds 4 cups of water and the top section hold 2 cups. My Ring Of Fire stove and my wood burning Globe Stove fit inside with room for fuel and additional goodies. (Snikers bars)

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:15 pm

Unlike Oops, I only have one of the Vulcans. I was more interested in the pressurized stoves. If I recall, I might have the original instructions with mine. I will check and get back with you. I don't think mine had the mess kit though. :(
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:19 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Unlike Oops, I only have one of the Vulcans. I was more interested in the pressurized stoves. If I recall, I might have the original instructions with mine. I will check and get back with you. I don't think mine had the mess kit though. :(

That would be super great if you do have the instructions :mrgreen:

The mess kit is really handy lookin.

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:31 pm

I could not find the altoids like one on the left but that type well both of them about 1/2 in fiberglass insulation in them a screen to hold it in. They must have some holes at the top for more air altoids 1/4 in. 8 holes will do and that one that sits on the springs. On the right needs more holes in can two rows but smaller and that has no springs. They do not have to touch to top ring it still works with a little space this i cut to hight to work

Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:45 pm

Yep i got 5 what do need to know i got mine to run on alcohol tryed wood no go need to do some cutting no had time the cold came first

I didn't know anyone had 5 Vulcan stoves along with 3 borde bombs. Sounds like a major surplus in stoves in the Oops shop. You should let me trade you a very nice backpacking wok for one of your excess borde bombs ! :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:15 pm

oops56 wrote:I could not find the altoids like one on the left but that type well both of them about 1/2 in fiberglass insulation in them a screen to hold it in. They must have some holes at the top for more air altoids 1/4 in. 8 holes will do and that one that sits on the springs. On the right needs more holes in can two rows but smaller and that has no springs. They do not have to touch to top ring it still works with a little space this i cut to hight to work

It looks like a soup can is the right diameter all I have to do is cut it to the right height. I'll use some stove gasket material that Skids sent me(thank you) it has a pressure sensitive backing that will work well. I did test the adhesive for resistance to alcohol and the test was negative, no affect on it. That makes it good for making ROF's

Oops, what is that rubber looking material that you show unfolding from under one of the stoves. You never did get it completely unfolded?

Do you light the burner then close the stove over the burner?

What are those blue stoves stacked on top of one another? What is that little one tucked away in the corner? :mrgreen:

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:22 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
Yep i got 5 what do need to know i got mine to run on alcohol tryed wood no go need to do some cutting no had time the cold came first

I didn't know anyone had 5 Vulcan stoves along with 3 borde bombs. Sounds like a major surplus in stoves in the Oops shop. You should let me trade you a very nice backpacking wok for one of your excess borde bombs ! :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is a Borde Bomb? And wht stove is it that you use in your avatar?

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:08 pm

My Avatar stove is a SVEA 123. It is a swedish stove. A Borde Bomb is a "coil" burner stove that can be lit while in your hand, resembling a stick of dynomite :lol: You can do a search on ebay for a borde bomb or go to the classic stove website and look under the "b" section to find a picture or just get oops to show us his three so I will be extra envious. :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:19 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:My Avatar stove is a SVEA 123. It is a swedish stove. A Borde Bomb is a "coil" burner stove that can be lit while in your hand, resembling a stick of dynomite :lol: You can do a search on ebay for a borde bomb or go to the classic stove website and look under the "b" section to find a picture or just get oops to show us his three so I will be extra envious. :lol:

Thanks Ridgerunner, I'll do a search on both over on ebay to see what the prices are.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:24 pm

Svea 123 in original box, starting bid 129.99 On ebay

No borde bombs.

Return to “Vintage Backpacking Stoves”