As the header says---Vintage backpacking stoves

The vintage stoves are still being used.
Show us some pics of yours.
Ridgerunner

As the header says---Vintage backpacking stoves

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:53 pm

Zelph, you asked for it and I will take the first step in hopes of getting oops to display his museum.
I am foregoing a night of bowhunting to put this together. Saw 6 this morning ;) These photos did not go as planned. First I rounded up as many stoves as I could find but I know there are more in the nooks and crannys. Set them on the stoop of my storage building and went for the camera. Spent an hour looking for the camera(Oldtimers :x ) Ended up grabbing the busted hp camera and duct taped it back together. (It is one of 4 that my 19 yr old daughter has busted but is still useable) In the mean time, it started raining :twisted: Planned on setting all the stoves up but with the steady drizzle, decided to just snap a few pics and get them back under roof.

Picked up the large one burner in the back right corner of the first two pics at a flea market---can't find any markings on it.
Definitely not a backpacking stove but a one burner.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Re: As the header says---Vintage backpacking stoves

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:34 pm

Here is a great source for vintage backpacking stoves. Could also have posted in the favorite links section.

http://www.spiritburner.com/
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:30 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Zelph, you asked for it and I will take the first step in hopes of getting oops to display his museum.
I am foregoing a night of bowhunting to put this together. Saw 6 this morning ;) These photos did not go as planned. First I rounded up as many stoves as I could find but I know there are more in the nooks and crannys. Set them on the stoop of my storage building and went for the camera. Spent an hour looking for the camera(Oldtimers :x ) Ended up grabbing the busted hp camera and duct taped it back together. (It is one of 4 that my 19 yr old daughter has busted but is still useable) In the mean time, it started raining :twisted: Planned on setting all the stoves up but with the steady drizzle, decided to just snap a few pics and get them back under roof.

Picked up the large one burner in the back right corner of the first two pics at a flea market---can't find any markings on it.
Definitely not a backpacking stove but a one burner.

Very nice its to cold for me to do that i got most of them also but 2 or so i am going to make a film of them burning when it gets warm again them are all nice thanks for showing.
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:11 pm

Duh!!!! I'm speechless. :o Tomorrow I will have recovered to be able to respond. :)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:01 pm

Holy Crap.

I counted six Sveas before my eyes teared up too much to see.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:40 pm

One of my favorites. Took me awhile to get one on ebay as there was a collecter that was not going to be beat. He told me he liked cleaning them up and giving to family and friends as gifts. "What's a poor feller to do". He finally missed a couple--must have been on vacation :lol: I picked one up last year at a church sale for $3.00. My best deal ever. It had the pot, handle, instructions, AND the midi pump :o Boy, was I a happy camper. :lol: That particular church always has some camping equipment.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:26 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:

One of my favorites. Took me awhile to get one on ebay as there was a collecter that was not going to be beat. He told me he liked cleaning them up and giving to family and friends as gifts. "What's a poor feller to do". He finally missed a couple--must have been on vacation :lol: I picked one up last year at a church sale for $3.00. My best deal ever. It had the pot, handle, instructions, AND the midi pump :o Boy, was I a happy camper. :lol: That particular church always has some camping equipment.

Awesome collection!!!!

Hopefully you'll follow the format of the guy that outbid you many time. Clean them up and send some to family first and then to your bplite friends :D

I would imagine you have more stoves in your museum than Oops has. Oops what do you think? Is Ridgerunner the one that has always out bid you on many of the auctions. :P

The tall one in the back on the right looks like a plumbers stove. Used to melt lead in an iron pot. Molten lead transfered by means of a small laddle to joints around iron pipe(hokum applied in the joint prior to pouring the lead. Iron pipe was once used for vent pipe in home sewer systems.

What is the one that looks like a bottle, in the back?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:13 pm

The tall one in the back on the right looks like a plumbers stove. Used to melt lead in an iron pot. Molten lead transfered by means of a small laddle to joints around iron pipe(hokum applied in the joint prior to pouring the lead. Iron pipe was once used for vent pipe in home sewer systems.

Interesting on the plumbers stove. It actually has an old round red on/off handle like you would find on the outdoor water faucet. Your probably right. $5 at a flea market---took the plunge.

The two bottles in the back, one on each side, are old Geman fuel bottles.

If our oops56 is the same as ebay oops62, he owns a museum of stoves and he usually outbids me. I had to resort to sniper bidding to keep the total price down. Have not bought any ebay stoves in quite some time as the cost of living has gone up and my wages have gone down! :x but I am truely blessed to have my health, family, and good friends.

oops56

Postby oops56 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:18 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:

Interesting on the plumbers stove. It actually has an old round red on/off handle like you would find on the outdoor water faucet. Your probably right. $5 at a flea market---took the plunge.

The two bottles in the back, one on each side, are old Geman fuel bottles.

If our oops56 is the same as ebay oops62, he owns a museum of stoves and he usually outbids me. I had to resort to sniper bidding to keep the total price down. Have not bought any ebay stoves in quite some time as the cost of living has gone up and my wages have gone down! :x but I am truely blessed to have my health, family, and good friends.

Dam he found me and who are you on e bay needs to know
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:03 pm

Dam he found me and who are you on e bay needs to know

put 2 and 2 together---mine is just as easy to figure out ;)

Over 700 feedbacks ----you must have a 3 car garage converted into a muesem like my grandpappy did with Indian artifacts. Come on oops-----share some pics of your collection :)
Do you go to the vintage stove conventions? Inquiring minds want to know! :?:

Return to “Vintage Backpacking Stoves”