Kbar for stove making

Always good to have some helpful tips when making stove.
Where to get materials cheap, what tool is best.
How to do a specific task. Anything that will help.
zelph

Kbar for stove making

Post by zelph » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:54 pm

For a minuite there I thought she was going to use the knife for making a pop can stove and then later it looked like shee was going to make a wood burner.

:mrgreen:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Re: Kbar for stove making

Post by oops56 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:08 pm

zelph wrote:For a minuite there I thought she was going to use the knife for making a pop can stove and then later it looked like shee was going to make a wood burner.

:mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: wow dont get her mad
Man play with fire man get burnt

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Nooo... she was kidding around? I thought it was GREAT!

This is a message that needs to be said, until 2:49 minutes.

I totally and wholeheartedly disagree a knife designed for the military is a "good" hunting knife or "good" camping knife. I have really good knives for hunting and really good knives I use for the fish I catch. I have really good knives for camping, for kayaking, and for gathering food at the intertidal zone. I have never needed a "bowie knife" designed for the military.

This gal is fun, tho'. She has another video where she drops cherry tomatoes on her Benchmade knife. It ends with BACON.

Maybe I should wear my camisole top with camo pants?

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:15 pm

I thought for sure she was going to cut her thumb off when she was hacking at the potato.

Ever notice the billions of people that collect different knives on all the survival/outdoor websites?

JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Kind of like all the stovies collecting stoves on backpacking web sites? ;)

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey! They are weird and we are not weird. This is science :geek:

Of course, I have probably a half dozen different knives, but, none of them are military-type knives. I was actually in the military. Maybe that is the difference?

I have been at survivalist forums where people show photos of huge numbers of their knives, all of them of that sort. Now, that is so weird.

Of course, our interest in all things backpacking and backpacking stoves is so not weird.

Did I make that clear?

shingaling

Post by shingaling » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:00 am

I have a Kabar and a few other big knives, but there's no way I'd ever carry them in the field. Unless I was going for an extended trip, or was some place truly wild and remote and had to plan for emergency survival situations, I'd have a hard time packing anything larger than a SAK.

That Kabar's for gator wrasslin'. :taz:
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:20 am

JollyRogers wrote:Kind of like all the stovies collecting stoves on backpacking web sites? ;)

That is true! They pay $120.00 big ones for a small can to burn wood in. At least we use what we buy. 8-) Knife collectors don't use them.

Oops56 is a stovie and a serious collector of vintage stoves. Wish I could take a ride up there and see his collection. I know he uses his on occasion to make a cuppa somthin just to hear and see them function. Sits back on the porch, takes in the nature that surrounds him in his fair state of Vermont.
That Kabar's for gator wrasslin'.
Heh heh!!! it's for tenderizing a loaf of bread as our demonstrator has shown :mrgreen:
Did I make that clear?
Crystal clear :D