Bag Cooking

We gotta carry the stuff, so why not carry it lite! Discuss your pack and bag creations or modifications.
oops56

Bag Cooking

Postby oops56 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:29 pm

Well all this bag cooking i been doing it for years and it could be a pot cozy.If you cook your Turkey in a paper bag takes less time. This one was a 11 lb.just the two of use no need for a big one also in 3 hours done. P S i was going to use 4 of 5 alcohol stoves to do it but did not have a windscreen big enough for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man play with fire man get burnt

Skidsteer

Re: Bag Cooking

Postby Skidsteer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:36 pm

Looks delicious. Especially since we haven't eaten yet. Soon, soon.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Survivor Dave

Postby Survivor Dave » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:52 pm

oops56 wrote:Well all this bag cooking i been doing it for years and it could be a pot cozy.If you cook your Turkey in a paper bag takes less time. This one was a 11 lb.just the two of use no need for a big one also in 3 hours done. P S i was going to use 4 of 5 alcohol stoves to do it but did not have a windscreen big enough for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ditto to Skids, Oops........ It looks great!

I tried "bag" cooking a few years ago, but my girlfriend wouldn't fit in the oven!

Man am I warped! :o :D :o

SD

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:43 pm

oops56 wrote:Well all this bag cooking i been doing it for years and it could be a pot cozy.If you cook your Turkey in a paper bag takes less time. This one was a 11 lb.just the two of use no need for a big one also in 3 hours done. P S i was going to use 4 of 5 alcohol stoves to do it but did not have a windscreen big enough for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next turrkey, use your oven as a windcsren :D

Skids, hope you've eaten by now!!!

SD, only when you are married are they refered to as bags :lol: Don't let my wife see this, please!!!!

The first turkey I ever cooked, almost cooked I should say, I did not know there was a little package of turkey parts inside the cavity of the turkey. Hey!!! the legs of the turkey were bound with a wire holdem thingy. I thought it was ready to put in the oven for goodness sakes. I put it in one of those plastic oven bags and cooked away. The turkey was almost cooked except for that little bag of goodies in the cavity of the bird. :roll: ---- :D ---- :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:32 pm

Did the same thing on my first Turkey! I had to call my dad, what the hell is this in my turkey. When did they start putting those in there. Dad says they've always been in there I just never saw him take it out. Guess I didn't miss much that stuff is disgusting. LOL :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

Survivor Dave

Postby Survivor Dave » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:34 pm

SD, only when you are married are they refered to as bags Don't let my wife see this, please!!!!

Now that's funny Zelph! :lol: :D :lol: :D

Return to “Packs-n-Bags”