New Walmart Backpack

We gotta carry the stuff, so why not carry it lite! Discuss your pack and bag creations or modifications.
Blazinator

Re: New Walmart Backpack

Postby Blazinator » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:44 pm

realityguy wrote:..depends on what you are pumping water out of....

Titanium tent stakes..do you think the weight gain is worth $18?...maybe you should see what you get with the tent..or spend more for the tent...JMHO..

What is the shock cord for?

A river.

The titanium ones are more for the strength than the weight. I have bent far too many of those flimsy ones that come with cheap tents like I use. :lol: I've read a few good things about those ones online. (where I cant remember) Has anyone used them?

I want the run shock cord through the daisy chains on our packs for extra storage. I read about it on some awesome backpacking forum I found.... :roll:

Thanks for the hydration tips. We are planning on carrying two aquafina 1-liter bottles each for drinking and then probably pumping water for cooking as we SHOULD be setting up camp near a river.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:20 pm

That all makes sense.. :roll: ... :lol: ..so far I've been lucky where and what I've been pounding stakes into and haven't needed titanium.Since I have a ton of tents,I'd have to spend a few hundred $$ to get enough stakes to stock even most of them and would probably forget them sometime in "the other tent or hammock". :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Blazinator

Postby Blazinator » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Haha, yeah, it's really rocky soil around here, they bend nice n quick. =/ I have quite a collection as well. :lol:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Maybe we should have a thread of the best pretzel... :lol:

I use loops of shock cords with cord locks.. I hate things like water bottles flopping around so secure them that way to the straps..carabiner the top and strap the bottoms..easy access without floppiness.Knives get carabinered and slipped through a loop in the strap.That sounds like a good idea using the shock cord thriough the straps for more control.I must have missed that one.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Blazinator

Postby Blazinator » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:50 pm

realityguy wrote:Maybe we should have a thread of the best pretzel... :lol:

I use loops of shock cords with cord locks..

1. YES!

2. This sounds awesome but requires further explanation. :!: NOOB :!:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:44 am

here's a variety of cord/cordlocks,elastic bands,velcro,etc..for tying down things on packs..I don't use them all on that one pack.

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/ite ... DyOLrQE%3D

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:49 pm

i posted something on here about adding the shock cord to the skyline pack a while back. it works out well.

well guys, i finally found the blue pack. it took trips to 6 different walmarts. fortunately right now im driving all over the place for my new job. the one without the slits for the straps in the cup pockets is the new model. i went through all the packs they had at the last walmart, which was the only one with the skyline pack, and they had one of the old ones in blue left in the very back. so now i own it!

after looking at the old one and the new ones at the same time it looked like the slit for the straps and a extra zipper are the only differences.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Blazinator

Postby Blazinator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:56 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:i posted something on here about adding the shock cord to the skyline pack a while back. it works out well.

well guys, i finally found the blue pack. it took trips to 6 different walmarts. fortunately right now im driving all over the place for my new job. the one without the slits for the straps in the cup pockets is the new model. i went through all the packs they had at the last walmart, which was the only one with the skyline pack, and they had one of the old ones in blue left in the very back. so now i own it!

after looking at the old one and the new ones at the same time it looked like the slit for the straps and a extra zipper are the only differences.

Yeah, you were the person I was referring to. :D I am jealous...both mine are the new model. :x

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:09 pm

i would think the trick would be to go to a walmart that doesnt really sell much of that kinda stuff and still carries it. dig to the back and see if you can find one. if you do you could always do what other people do (which i dont do) and buy that one and take the other one back with some ripped stitching or some other problem.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Blazinator

Postby Blazinator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Meh, it's not that big of a deal to me. I already took one back because I found a faulty zipper stitch. =/

Return to “Packs-n-Bags”