different packs i have

We gotta carry the stuff, so why not carry it lite! Discuss your pack and bag creations or modifications.
irrationalsolutions

different packs i have

Postby irrationalsolutions » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:23 am

my goto pack is my med. alice pack. i love this thing. it has been said that people like to cut the radio pouch out of it. i can see where this could be helpful to some people. however, i like mine to be left in. i keep my food and cooking stuff in it, but thats just me. i also have a thing for kelty packs. i have a red cloud 5000 and a redwing. they are both green and black and i like them as well. the alice pack is my hunting pack. i also use it for camping and hiking but i always use it for hunting. i know my kelty packs are on the heavy side but i still cant find an made like them that are lighter. they are also comfortable. anyway, that is what i am using as of now. when i go on my thru hike i do plan on another pack but i think i will have to make it. so it is not as heavy as the kelty.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Mister Krabs

Re: different packs i have

Postby Mister Krabs » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:40 am

you, sir, are an early riser.

Vibe

Postby Vibe » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:02 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:my goto pack is my med. alice pack.

Is that with or without the frame? My "goto" pack is my JanSport Scout.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:59 am

i'm not an early riser i'm a never sleeper. i only sleep a few hours a day.

my alice pack has a frame. i'm looking for another shelf for it. the shelf is geat. i keep the straps on the frame not the pack so when i take the pack off i still have the straps. the frame with the shelfs are great. you can carry almost anything on them. i went on a camping trip the required a couple miles hike before we got to the site. i went back to the car alone and toted the cooler back on the frame. i use it for large amounts of fire wood and everything else.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:48 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:i'm not an early riser i'm a never sleeper. i only sleep a few hours a day.

my alice pack has a frame. i'm looking for another shelf for it. the shelf is geat. i keep the straps on the frame not the pack so when i take the pack off i still have the straps. the frame with the shelfs are great. you can carry almost anything on them. i went on a camping trip the required a couple miles hike before we got to the site. i went back to the car alone and toted the cooler back on the frame. i use it for large amounts of fire wood and everything else.

That's utilizing the ol' noggin' and the pack frame ! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Packs-n-Bags”