Introducing CJD

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
CJD

Introducing CJD

Postby CJD » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi, I was ConnieD but I forgot my password.

I no longer have the old email. I forgot that password, as well.

I am not entirely forgetful, however. I am here.

I had an apartment robbery that got everything in the apartment, nothing left there for me.

If I had my old password at my new email, I could be ConnieD again.

Either way, ConnieD or CJD is okay.

I can get in the forum, again.

zelph

Re: Introducing CJD

Postby zelph » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:23 pm

I thought you fell of the edge of the mountain tops...holy moly so glad to see you :shock:

A little town that you were in seems like there would be no crime at all. I guess there are no safe places left on earth sorry to say :(

Well we sure do feel better knowing you are OK :D I've been wanting to send you stuff... I got too much stuff :mrgreen:

I thought you may have migrated north to British Columbia :idea:

Anyhoo, so glad to have you back :DB: :DP:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

CJD

Postby CJD » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:45 pm

I still have my Zelph woodgaz folding wood stove, 1 cup and 2 cup Ridgeline, Fancee Feast and the two Super Stoves that all happened to not be in my pack at the time. I also have the StarLyte and the big "winter" version stove for my Woodgaz folding wood stove.

I also have the StarLyte with the cover, a favorite.

I also have my cadyak Fire Mug.

Guess which alcohol stove was in the minimalist backpack?

Here's a hint: I don't have my mini Fancee Feast. It was in my minimalist backpack.

The fact is, I would be happy with a Spark Light. It was in my minimalist backpack.

I lost everything means everything computer and everything in my apartment. The minimalist backpack was in my apartment, that means my Oware Asym 1 tarp also is no more.

I don't need to be greedy about your stoves, but I am greedy about your stoves.

I like the looks of your newer items on YouTube, as well.

Are you selling the Caldera Fosters StarLyte?

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Yes, still selling the Foster for the Caldera Cone but I shipped the last one yesterday and it will be a week or two before I can make more. I'm cleaning out my garage getting ready for a yard sale. 2 days ago was the first time I was able to see the top of my work bench :mrgreen: I'm making progress :D

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:02 am

Welcome back ConnieD! :DP: :DB: I wAs worried about you and your whereabouts. I noticed your web page disappeared :o :cry: Did the low life scum of the earth fleabags get your Shangri la 3 and your 750ml sierra cook pot with lid? I'm so happy to hear you are still kickin and getting outdoors. Welcome back! :cheers: :fuel: :marsh:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

CJD

Postby CJD » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:46 am

They did. I have tears in my eyes around the mention of that, my cook kit perfection. I had the little Snow Peak spork tucked inside with the Spark Light. I even had a "tent" from the Bake oven kit.

Then, there is all my specialized backpacking food and my full kitchen supplies.

My website disappeared because I had no passwords to get into the website host.

I have the HTML. I do have a backup USB stick.

I get online, with more than an iPod Touch at McDonalds I will have the website back up.

I had to get a new iPod Touch. If online I might have tried eBay.

I will have to update links, because so much time has passed.

The low life scum of the earth fleabags were meth addicts and full time low life scum of the earth fleabag criminals who had no use for my stuff, that never turned up.

In my college town, the drug addicts would only steal what would turn a dollar (not everything will) and offer it for sale out of a car. In that way, tou can recover some of your stuff. I recovered my Dynaco Quad stereo, made from a kit, in that manner. I went right into the theves hangout, offered the standard price for a stolen stereo. The word got around, of course. How often does that happen? One there said, "But that just isn't done." "So, what!" I said. I got it back. I showed up at a stereo repair store, nothing wrong with it. He called me on the telephone. I think it was such an amusing story no money was exchanged. The fact is the thief gets pennies on the dollar. That fact alone is sickening.

Well, it was years ago I was at college.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Sad state of affairs, sorry that had to happen to a sweet person like you :o

Recently I came across some Spark-lite kits....now if I can only remember where :roll:

CJD

Postby CJD » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Are you back? I heard you went camping.

I am rebuilding my equipment and supplies for backpacking.

I received a Especial Tres Cycling Backpack 2014 backpack, today, a bit heavy for a lightweight backpacking advocate, however, i need a cordura cut and abrasion resistent pack. It is also very much waterproof.

I went after this particular sturdy backpack, because I will be carrying amateur radio equipment I do not want wet from the environment or from perspiration from the exertion of backpacking in the mountains. In addition, I will be carrying a camera with GPS, the Canon 260SX with GPS imprint on the digital photo file.

I also found a Coleman brand, made in China, seam-taped rain jacket: very nice.

I want to get out to the rainy West Coast for some Pacific Crest Trail experience.

I also want to do so SOTA, Summits on the Air on the West Coast with HF frequencies with my YouKits TJ2B MK2 "trail friendly radio" 4 Band SSB transceiver. I have heard 5-watts will hit Hawaii, from the coastal mountains of California.

Maybe radio amateurs in other countries will hear me.

Now, the only question is: what stove, or, stoves and cook kit do I have in my pack or in my pockets. Hmm...

Are there new regulations on fires and stoves for backpacking?

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:03 pm

I would suggest the Starlyte and a wood stove such a Darren's ultra light or Zelphs folding wood burner ;-)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

CJD

Postby CJD » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 am

I agree.

I only lack my much improved SparkLite and Vargo 750 Sierra.

I was looking around online. I found both at one place:

http://www.survivalresources.com/Produc ... arter.html

Check it out. They have a brass improved Sparklite, an aluminum improved Sparklite and the original plastic Sparklite in olive drab or orange.

Did zelph license his improved Sparklite?

Did zelph retire, now, because he is wealthy from selling his improved Sparklite worldwide?

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”