Knifeknut reporting in.

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
Knifeknut

Re: Knifeknut reporting in.

Postby Knifeknut » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:19 am

Thank you for the warm welcome, it feels great to be among people who I share the love of the outdoors with.

I am not sure where the term Canuck comes from, but if you want to refer to me as a Canuck it is a badge I wear with honour.

I remember reading a newspaper article where an American used the word Canuck in an article or essay. The teacher that was marking it chastised the student for using a racial slur in reference to Canadians. The funny part is I have never seen a fellow Canadian get upset at being called a Canuck, most of us up here think of ourselves as Canucks first and Canadians second (of course they are the exact same thing).

Heck, even Pat Buchanan knows it, us Canadians are living in Soviet Canukistan :DB: .

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 am

here's some of what i found on the term "Canuck":

http://www3.telus.net/dmarchak/candef.htm

nobody seems to know for sure were it came from. all the answers i read are pretty much just speculation.

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Knifeknut

Postby Knifeknut » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks for the link, I should have called myself Johnny Canuck, except this one likes Americans, well most of them anyways (I have to I married one). Canada has shared its patent on ignorance and stupidity and I dislike ignorant stupid Canadians equally as much I dislike ignorant stupid Americans. Fortunately on both sides of the border most CanAms are awesome people.

I just can't get enough of the dancing pickle and banana :DP: :DB: now if that isn't a reason to join this forum I don't know what is :DBfire: :taz: except for the fact that it addresses one of my favorite topics.

See you on the trail :cheers:

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:52 pm

All Canucks are welcome here :D

Thanks for the info on the name Canuck.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Any Canuck that likes the dancing banana and pickle is welcome here..eh,Daren? :DB: :DP:

:lol: :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:25 pm

realityguy wrote:Any Canuck that likes the dancing banana and pickle is welcome here..eh,Daren?

see my signature.......

ban the banana!! :twisted:

Daren.....
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”