NEW MEMBERS....PLEASE READ !!!

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
zelph

Re: NEW MEMBERS....PLEASE READ !!!

Postby zelph » Mon May 27, 2013 9:19 am

johomurk wrote:Hello, I'm John Mark!

Nice to have you here. You look like you need some stove making supplies. You've come to the right place. :mrgreen:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

noodle

Postby noodle » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi all , After doing my first few attempts at semi light weight hiking over the summer , its time to get serious :)
But for me being a uni student , ill be doing it on a shoestring budget !!
Most my hiking has fishing as its goal , with the hiking being a means to an end..
But saying that i dont mind abusing my legs just for the sake of it occasionally !

My list of places i need to hike has doubled in the last 6 months so i figure i need to half the weight im carrying :)
Anyway im sure you lovely people will be more than helpful :)
Look forward to being able to put up some reports in the future ..

Cheers
Aaron

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Look forward to being able to put up some reports in the future ..

Welcome aboard..Post away..lot of helpful people here!..and remember..we don't bite unless you look like bacon!(especially watch out for that "zelph" guy.. :o )

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:10 pm

Glad to have you here Noodle. Where have you fished in the near past? How many fish caught and what kind? What fishing gear are you using? Live bait or other?

DEN

Postby DEN » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:02 am

Hello, My name is Den. This is a very interesting site. I hope to learn more from ya'll.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:36 pm

DEN wrote:Hello, My name is Den. This is a very interesting site. I hope to learn more from ya'll.

Hey, glad you find it interesting. We have quite a few years of interesting info accumulated for your reading pleasure. We are glad you stopped by to say hello. We will gladly answer all questions. :D My name is Dan

Cajun

Postby Cajun » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Hello all! Just a Cajun boy from Louisiana - currently displaced in New Mexico. Found the site looking for info on the old Gerry Mini-Stoves. Sorry to see that the canisters are no longer available. I have a Gerry in pretty close to mint condition if anyone is interested. I wanted to keep it, but without the fuel - don't see the point. Any suggestions for fuel?

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Hello displaced Cajun :D Is the weather better in New Mexico compared to Louisiana?

Realityguy found one of those stoves and was thrilled to all get out. I think he also got quite a few canisters of fuel also.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3769

cchapman1

Postby cchapman1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Hello all. Gentlemen, i am so glad i found this place, thank you Zelph. Guys, i live in Alabama, people here don't do this kind of stuff, especially people in there 30s. i have found that making these little stoves is so rewarding, and watching water boil....what is wrong with us? HA! with this being said, i have a problem. I need to know two things, what does the carbon sheets do and where can i find this CHEAP or free? thanks for answering and accepting me.

Alabama Tree Hanger

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Welcome cchapman1 :D we have a few members from your neck of the woods that like to cook up some Cajun fare on DIY wood burning stoves. Zelph might be able to help you with the carbon felt. I have not used it but know it is used as a wicking material. I'm guessing the Big Box home improvement stores carry it but it probably isn't cheap. Skidsteer was the one to introduce its use to this board but he has not been around for some time. You might check some of Skids stove ideas on the board to find more info on using carbon felt ;)
Skids calls it Plumbers cloth in one of his post so that might give you direction for your search ;) Good luck and show us what projects you are working on :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”