Hi

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
irrationalsolutions

Hi

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:14 am

It's been a while. How is everyone?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Re: Hi

Postby zelph » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:41 am

Wow, long time no see :o

I'm doing just fine. Busy with life things :D Too much time manufacturing, not enough time designing :mrgreen:

bplite is slow due to lack of folks designing new stove related stuff. It's a dying trade :o My latest addition was a ridgeline applied to a titanium pot.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:18 pm

I'll have one look that one up. Lately I've been messing with wood burning stoves but nothing different. I don't even use any of my alcohol stoves anymore... I only use the two I got from you. :D

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello IR! Boy , it has been awhile. :P I've been busy mounting canoe racks on my Caravan, hoping to get it in the water this year. I made a couple hiking trips to the Smokies and Northern Michigan this spring. Age is catching up with me and the legs aren't what they use to be. I have been working on a neat piece of survival gear for a couple of my hiking friends and will share with the group when completed ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:42 pm

I haven't made it out at all this year and with the heat now it will be a while until I do. The bugs are bad this year and so is the poison ivy this year. I got it bad, I wasn't paying attention whin using the weedeater. All over my arms and legs lol

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:49 am

I moved a couple months ago and realized how much "camp" stuff I have lol. Well I just opened a box I haven't seen in years and guess what I found... two heini cans! One that has the top cut off and was never used and the other is still unopened.

Not really sure I want to open it though, it has to be skunky by now.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:15 pm

Wow, a can of "aged" Heineken....that would be interesting to taste :o I'm cleaning out my garage in total so I'm finding all kinds of stuff. Items of interest that went to the wayside and have potential for resurrection 8-) Friday I visited with a fellow stove maker and he introduced me to a pellet/twig burner that was originally designed to make charcoal. Charcoal that was to be used as a soil building component. A slight modification to the burner made it into a really nice tent heater. A 1 gallon can and a #10 can are used to make the stove. He did a demo for me and was amazed at the performance. I envisioned the stove to be used in the winter and carried on a snow pulk with a supply of wood pellets and all the other supplies. The stove burns clean with pellets. I suspect once the pellets get to the hot charcoal point clean bark free twigs could be added for additional burn time.

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:01 pm

That sounds interesting. I'm still trying to build a tent stove. The last one didn't work out it died in the construction phase. I tried to use a empty helium canister. The one that looks like a mini propane tank. I had the weirder turned up too high and burned through it. I found another but haven't revisited the project yet. Burning through made me realize just how thin it really is. So if I finish it i will be doing a lot of backyard testing to make sure I won't burn through with a fire.

RR I may be heading the Ohio way in a few months. I have a question. I'm starting to get into muzzleloaders. Stuff is hard to find around here and I onto like getting gun related stuff online, I like to hold it and check it out before I buy. I know yall can't rifle Hunt there so is muzzleloader stuff easier to find there?

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:07 pm

I forgot to mention I got a new puppy a couple months ago. I lost but won the negotiations. I wanted a mastiff and was told that wasn't going to happen so my mastiff turned into a morkie. But... lol... I was the one that went to pick out the dog. I picked the one that was as far as possible from having a lap dog personality. She doesn't realize she's only 4 lbs.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Mastiff turned Morkie :mrgreen: they are so cute :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=morkie& ... AQ_AUIBigB

Here is a photo of the tent heater:
Attachments
toaks 650 kit 005.JPG