It's been a WHILE, But I'm back!

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
steamjam

It's been a WHILE, But I'm back!

Postby steamjam » Tue May 03, 2016 11:34 am

Hey guys! Its been a long while!. I'm back tho!

Its been an incredible time since the last time I logged on here. I'm out of debt! I upgraded from my little Dodge van to a Class-B RV, and I've been joined by a G/F and a Border Collie named Zia... :)

I really haven't tried out any new stoves over the last two+ years since I started living in my van. I've relied on that old Soviet era 8R clone stove pretty much the entire time I was in the little Dodge. (which is not so little anymore..)

Before:

After:

Here are the top 5 things I've learned about stoves in the last two years:
1. When your in a jam, Irish storm kettles will save your butt!
2. When your in a jam, Irish storm kettles will save your butt! (It's so important, its worth mentioning twice.)
3. DON'T BUMP THE ALCOHOL STOVE!
4. You can't beat the durability of the Soviet era stoves.
5. Don't bother with Coleman stoves.

Anyways even though I really haven't played around with any stoves for the last little while, I have been slowly acquiring them. I've bought a KampKook 2 burner, a Soviet era MAAS stove, and a couple Bernz-o-matic single burners I want to start fiddling with over the summer at my desk in my caboose office like I useto.. :)

zelph

Re: It's been a WHILE, But I'm back!

Postby zelph » Tue May 03, 2016 11:01 pm

Good to see you. I was in your neck o the woods last year in April. To bad we lost contact. Went to the Sequoia Redwoods, then to the coast for a dip. Too dry to use stoves out there :DBfire:

Your van looks great. You still working out of the caboose. Did you ever use the electric origo I sent?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Welcome back, steam jam. :DB:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Fri May 06, 2016 4:38 pm

It's been pretty crazy for me. Anyways no I never did get to try it. Im hoping to get to it this summer.

I think I owe Zelph a stove.. :) So send me your address via private and Ill get it going.. Thanks.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri May 06, 2016 8:41 pm

caboose lantern.JPG
Now that you have a girlfriend things will settle down. Cook her some good meals ;)

A lantern, you were going to send a lantern. One from a caboose like this:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “General”