lost my bag

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
irrationalsolutions

lost my bag

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:18 am

i just lost my brand new sleeping bag that has not even made it to the trail yet. it was a alps mountaineering crescent lake 20F bag. i got in in the mail today and its gone. it wife had never tried a mummy style bag before and she slipped into it. that was about an hour ago and she is still in it and will not give it back. now i have to find me a new bag.

have any of ya'll ever lost gear to the "better" half?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

oops56

Re: lost my bag

Postby oops56 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:19 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:i just lost my brand new sleeping bag that has not even made it to the trail yet. it was a alps mountaineering crescent lake 20F bag. i got in in the mail today and its gone. it wife had never tried a mummy style bag before and she slipped into it. that was about an hour ago and she is still in it and will not give it back. now i have to find me a new bag.

have any of ya'll ever lost gear to the "better" half?

No not yet cause she not she not seen all my stuff. Now put her and sleeping bag out side for the night and see how long she will last :lol: :lol: Then maybe you be in the dog house take bag with you.
Man play with fire man get burnt

sarbar

Postby sarbar » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:25 am

Well, if the husband took my gear it'd be like the ape wearing the little kid's clothing :D He is a foot taller than me.

Keeps my gear mine. Hehheh!! Of course it doesn't prevent me from 'yoinking' his gear and borrowing it. Well except for his backpacks.....he wears like a 22" torso and mine is 15 1/2" :P
Freezer Bag Cooking, Trail Cooking, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
http://www.freezerbagcooking.com

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:39 am

this is why i ordered my hh now i get the hammock i want and she gets a free one. now i'm working on making a cat cut winter tarp and told her if she wanted one she could make it herself. or we could work it out in trade. :twisted:

Mister Krabs

Postby Mister Krabs » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:46 am

hey yoda, did you get it through scoutdirect?

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:14 am

get what?

Mister Krabs

Postby Mister Krabs » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:22 am

the alps bag, I guess not if you asked. Scoutdirect.com is alps's factory wholesale operation, 45% off retail every day.

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:32 am

i actually got it off steepandcheap.com i wasnt sure about the site but it came in fast with no problem and it was a good price. now i have to get a new one or something else. the wife slept in it all night. but atleast i get to pick out something new and she doesnt go with me that much so i still get to use the alps bag most of the time if i want.

like i said i just got the bag in but the only thing i would change about it is the stuff sack. i noticed on some of the models they have compression sacks and this one didnt. and the zipper sticks a little but i think its because its new, but that worked out for me b/c the wife couldn't get out this morning without help. :twisted:

oops56

Postby oops56 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:35 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:i actually got it off steepandcheap.com i wasnt sure about the site but it came in fast with no problem and it was a good price. now i have to get a new one or something else. the wife slept in it all night. but atleast i get to pick out something new and she doesnt go with me that much so i still get to use the alps bag most of the time if i want.

like i said i just got the bag in but the only thing i would change about it is the stuff sack. i noticed on some of the models they have compression sacks and this one didnt. and the zipper sticks a little but i think its because its new, but that worked out for me b/c the wife couldn't get out this morning without help. :twisted:

Soap the zipper in and out side
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:01 pm

My wife snatched up one of my original Ring of Fire stoves and then a Heiny Pot and then a Globe Stove and then a fuel bottle. She has them neatly stashed in the trunk of her car. Oh!!! and also a Fancee Feest stove. I've seen her eyeing my bud bottle stoves :mrgreen:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “General”