Snow shoeing Upper Skyline Trail Mt Rainer

Your most amazing photos.
Some funny photos as well.
realityguy

Re: Snow shoeing Upper Skyline Trail Mt Rainer

Postby realityguy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Now that you've cleared it she won't be able to find it again, your bad!!! :o :mrgreen: :roll:

That's alright though..I sent her an email with this link...http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Lump-Co ... B002URS4AY

:lol:
They just found a dead hiker last night in the North Cascades that took off just with his dog and fell. And of course the news referred to him as "experienced".

You're forgetting the doofus kid(well..23 I think) that fell 50' in the river in the no-hike zone and they had to rapel off the bridge 400' to save his sorry butt..stranded on a rock in the middle of the river.No brains,no pains... :roll: He got a fine..I hope it was a huge one..but he'll probably get off because another doofus tore down the signs for the no-hike zone..or he did before going.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Bfinnigan

Postby Bfinnigan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:44 pm

That part on the vid was us going off the trail about 100' to a big grove of trees to find a semi sheltered lunch spot. It was a steep incline and took some serious grunting to get to. Most of the hike was just you regular ups and downs on fairly packed snow. My wife also wanted to see how much her snow shoes would sink in cold fresh powder.

Sudden, that looks like a great idea. I think she already ordered the Bushnell but the SPOT is only $149 at Campmor. I will certainly pick one up, thanks for posting that info!

I have looked at satellite distress transmitters but they are pretty spendy.
Even a bad day on the mountain is better than a good day at the office.

Bfinnigan

Postby Bfinnigan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:51 pm

realityguy wrote:
Now that you've cleared it she won't be able to find it again, your bad!!! :o :mrgreen: :roll:

That's alright though..I sent her an email with this link...http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Lump-Co ... B002URS4AY

:lol:
They just found a dead hiker last night in the North Cascades that took off just with his dog and fell. And of course the news referred to him as "experienced".

You're forgetting the doofus kid(well..23 I think) that fell 50' in the river in the no-hike zone and they had to rapel off the bridge 400' to save his sorry butt..stranded on a rock in the middle of the river.No brains,no pains... :roll: He got a fine..I hope it was a huge one..but he'll probably get off because another doofus tore down the signs for the no-hike zone..or he did before going.

Yea I saw that report also. And last year a lady died on a trail out of Longmire. I have hiked that several times and I can't recall anywhere along it that is even remotely dangerous. Maybe if I was hiking and cleaning a loaded gun at the same time it might be a dangerous trail. But we both know the number of out of state city slickers that live here. Every time I am up at Rainier at any trail head I always see people who are completely ill prepared. Not just slightly un-prepared but almost having a death wish.

So it is just shear dumb luck that more people don't die here in the mountains each winter. If it didn't cost so much I think we should just let natural selection work.

sudden

Postby sudden » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Bfinnigan wrote:
So it is just shear dumb luck that more people don't die here in the mountains each winter. If it didn't cost so much I think we should just let natural selection work.

I knew a salesman who died in an airport bathroom doing his business one day. I've been praying ever since that I get to die on a mountain. ;)
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

Bfinnigan

Postby Bfinnigan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:07 am

Me to, as long it's from natural causes and not stupidity. :lol:

Return to “Amazing Photos”