Michigan trip

Your most amazing photos.
Some funny photos as well.
Ridgerunner

Michigan trip

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:20 am

I wont say these are amazing pics but some neat pics of my recent trek to Michigan. ;) Wish I had my camera the morning the Kingfisher was playing in front of me and the Loon would have came in closer :(

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wanted to try out the new camera's panaramic feature....not too bad ;)
ImageImage
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Tamerlin

Re: Michigan trip

Postby Tamerlin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:51 am

I want to go to Michigan! :)
Rakesh Malik, Photographer/Owner
White Crane Photography, LLC
http://www.WhiteCranePhotography.com

Support my Art for Clean Air fun raiser:
http://indiegogo.com/WhiteCraneClimb

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:34 pm

I like the one with clouds reflecting on the water and the panoramic of the lake. You did alright Is that a golden eagle?

Loons are cool to listen to on a calm evening sitting around the campfire as the setting sun lights up the far off shoreline.......I can smell the pine trees :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 pm

zelph wrote:I like the one with clouds reflecting on the water and the panoramic of the lake. You did alright Is that a golden eagle?

Loons are cool to listen to on a calm evening sitting around the campfire as the setting sun lights up the far off shoreline.......I can smell the pine trees :D

Loons sound kind of eerrie and are cool to watch land and take off from the water. The one we were seeing on this trip was a young loon, did not make much noise, and We only saw it take off once. They will dive underwater for the longest time and may come up a 100yrds. away from where the went under.
Scott said that juvenile bald eagles do not have white heads. I suppose it could have been a golden eagle but I am not an expert. It has always been a bald eagle in years past. hmm.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

Arson

Postby Arson » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Those are amazing photos. I grew up in Michigan, but not where you went...... Flint. Blah. I have family in Boyne Falls, and get up there every chance I get. I do an annual trip to Manistee River Trail every year and have a great time.

sudden

Postby sudden » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Like the cloud reflection pic too. Can't figure out what bird that is, too much blur from the tree limbs.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Arson, did you catch any trout on your Manistee hike?

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:41 pm

My friends cabin is just a bit northwest of Grayling. This recent trip up there I located Fred Bears house and there is a pizza shop in town that is owned by one of his relatives and had many of his bows hanging on the walls along with a showcase of memorabilia. I actually drove back to his house and took a couple pics. He lived on the AuSable river.

Arson

Postby Arson » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Arson, did you catch any trout on your Manistee hike?

Oh man........ your bringing up bad memories. a big 'ol zero. :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Great video, thanks for the tour. Next time catch fish!!! :D

A high scool friend of mine got in touch with me this year, he's located in the city of Manistee. I'm planing on a trip up there come this spring. Looks like a good river to get some paddling time in on my new water craft. Maybe you can give some directions to the area that you show in the video, some time in March maybe. Is the river deep enough for a trolling motor? I can cruse up river then float down :D
When is the best time to miss the noseeum's/blackflies?
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Photos”