Rakesh Malik, Photographer/Owner
White Crane Photography, LLC
http://www.WhiteCranePhotography.com

Support my Art for Clean Air fun raiser:
http://indiegogo.com/WhiteCraneClimb

Ridgerunner

Re: Tahoma Sunrise

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Very nice Tamerlin! The sky offers some beautiful colors at times. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Why wasn't I there when you took that shot???????????? Geewhizzzzzz you're good :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:01 pm

If you can, try to get to a Photo West show in San Francisco.

The reps are there. You get to see a lot of things. I collected film companies color posters of exposure values using their film and sample prints.

I mention this because of the color magenta.

Different digital film backs handle colors differently. I helped one digital film back company with the color green.

There is a lot to know about a color. My tutor, by the way, for a required computer programming class was Warren Eastman. In that instance, I wrote new syntax that makes the appearance of 3D and motion and the graphic user interface. We had amber 2D display screens at the time. I used punchcards. My professor asked Warren how much of that work was his. He said, it took me about 10 minutes to explain it to him. He just got them to accept my punchcards on his authority as a double major graduate student. Remember "flip books" and the early movies?

I looked you up.

At the San Francisco Art Institute, I sent Mr. Land a letter asking him to visit the college and about problems I was having with painting the color magenta. He was busy at MIT but I had mentioned the problems I was having with getting magenta just right and very shortly several colors of magenta showed up in the finest artist's paints in oil, acrylic and water colors. I wish he had come out to give more artists access to him. He was a great colorist and all the great artists had a great colorist.

I wrote The Zone System for B&W and color. No one else did. It was only an idea and thousands of hours of trial-and-error in the darkroom until I was asked to write it up. I had the background. I checked my idea with a densitometer. I wrote it up. I can make every photo an Ansel Adams print.

I also wrote photography of fine art for museum catalogues and artists.

Digital photography "painting with light" is the most fun. I wish I had Lightroom. Do you?

I suggest it. I think you might like it.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:28 pm

I like working with magenta colorant for screen process inks. I used a PMS color swatch as a guide for basic colors. It was fun!!!

The Pantone Matching System (PMS) is a system shared world wide by the graphic arts industry.
You may view this screen to help specify a certain PMS number to use. Note: Every computer
monitor varies slightly in color. To insure an accurate PMS match, you should consult a printer or
graphic artist in your area to view an actual PMS color swatch book.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:44 pm

...very unfortunate acronym. :|

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:48 pm

Hmm..seems like I've seen that before somewhere...? :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Return to “Amazing Photos”