Mt. Shuksan Panorama

Your most amazing photos.
Some funny photos as well.
realityguy

Re: Mt. Shuksan Panorama

Postby realityguy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Brownies are 620..but you can reroll 120 onto 620 spools..and shoot it..like I have to do for my kodak medalist.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

sudden

Postby sudden » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:40 pm

No film, just picked it up years ago. It's probably still packed away somewhere
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 pm

:lol: I just looked..I do have two rolls of 620..one expired in 1961 and the other in 1966..Think it's still good? :o
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

sudden

Postby sudden » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:32 pm

realityguy wrote::lol: I just looked..I do have two rolls of 620..one expired in 1961 and the other in 1966..Think it's still good? :o

Be careful, they might just spontaneously combust.

Off topic but have you seen this diy pinhole camera realityguy? http://www.diyphotography.net/the-battl ... ole-camera? Three rolls at once, too bad it doesn't autobracket. (I check lifehacker once in a while and found it there)
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:00 am

I don't understand why anyone would want to do that...???..Why not shoot plate film instead?..Unless you don't develop your own and have to pay someone to do it.I have pinholes in 4"x5",5"x7:,and 11"x14"(that will also do 9-1/2"x13" and 8"x10"and shoot lenses).

These all have point and shoot/pinhole/wideangle lens capabilities ...

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:25 am

Do you have photographs you made with your pinhole cameras?

Pinhole panorama camera photos of Mt. Shuksan would be OT. When are we strictly OT :?:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:10 am

I have some old black and white test shots but don't know if they were pinhole shots or lenses.I know a couple really bad ones were early pinhole ones...I built the cameras specifically for wide angle 90mm/112mmEWA(5x7) lenses for the smaller 4x5 and 5x7 sizes and usually shot the lenses instead of the pinholes..less headaches and hassles calculating shots.The larger camera uses a wide angle lens for 11x14 and the speed graphic shutter..but I have a lot of bulk 9.5" panatomic-x of about 25 asa..used that and usually just a lenscover for shooting.
I built a bunch for selling on ebay also and added brass pinhole shutters if they requested them(stainless shim material interchangable circular pieces with pinholes behind the brass)
Most of the cameras were built about the time I quit shooting film..and as I said some sold on ebay(in Spain ,Italy,Mexico and some in the USA).A lot of shots I didn't even scan either..Might have some negatives somewhere in folders.I need to clean out the darkroom and shoot some more..some time this summer.

Old film..I have quite a bit back to about 1946 or so..mostly plate film.I found out roll film peters out after only a mere 40 years and will no longer make images,becomes brittle,hard to develop,and sometimes won't even roll through a camera.Plate film on the other hand does produce images on quite a bit of 50+year old film..however they can get pretty faded around the edges.Usually the outside film can be pretty bad but the film gets better towards the inside of the pack.Old Ansco film seems to hold up better than kodak also..however I've had good luck shooting some old 1952 kodak film I found in 4x5 and do get images with some 5x7 isopan.I do have some old full packs of 3x4 film also I need to try dated sometime about 1950 or before...more Ansco.
The 620 roll film..I usually only bought for the spools(have those two rolls left unopened..needed those for the kodak medalists and old kodak tourist cameras I used to fiddle with.Some of the old Tourist folders had better quality lenses but because they only took 620 a lot of them weren't used much and are still like new cameras.Kodak screwed up making most of their cameras priority towards their 620 film instead of the standard 120.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:49 am

I don't understand why anyone would want to do that...???

In -No- Va-Tion

Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:32 am

...rent a digital back and put it on your pinhole camera. Howzat, zelph :?:

My avatar at Practical Backpacking forum is from a Kodak Brownie verichrome pan print.

Mom saw me making a house in driftwood at an Oregon beach. I had a piece of burnt wood, writing Connie's house in the sand on a sawn log cut.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:40 am

Howzat, zelph
that's innovative. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Photos”