Some funny photos as well.
zelph

The Waves of Hawaii Clark Little

Postby zelph » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:24 pm

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: The Waves of Hawaii Clark Little

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Awesome photographs!!!! I can see where one could be lured into spending $$$ to have one hanging on a wall at home or in an office! Thanks for the link Zelph. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:24 pm

A friend sent me those a couple months ago.I used to do a lot of body surfing at Makapuu and Sandy Beach when I was there and that "sand monster" was a common occurrence so bad that even the next day when you leaned forward to put on your slippahs ,water and sand would be running out your nose...or from other orifices.. :o

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:41 pm

realityguy wrote:A friend sent me those a couple months ago.I used to do a lot of body surfing at Makapuu and Sandy Beach when I was there and that "sand monster" was a common occurrence so bad that even the next day when you leaned forward to put on your slippahs ,water and sand would be running out your nose...or from other orifices.. :o

The guy has put himself in some picturesque places for thos shots and no doubt has intensified the color mechanically, wouldn't you say?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Actually the colors are probably reflections off other things in the water and surrounding areas,prismatic effects..more than likely shooting with normal lenses and not colored filters.The sun's position can create a lot of interesting colors though water.
The pictures are pretty easy to get..snap the shot,and dive under the wave..do that several times and you'll get a least a couple good shots per roll.I imagine he's using a hasselblad in an underwater housing or maybe a larger format digital back camera($$$$) so it can be blown up to poster size without losing clarity.
People have been taking pictures like that for years..but usually there is a surfer in the shot during a contest.
Most of the pictures appear to be the north shore beaches of Oahu(Sunset,Pipeline,Haleiwa,Pupukea) but the ugly ones with sand might be the east side beaches I mentioned above.On the other hand they could be from the outer islands..By the beaches shown in the shots I would say North Shore though.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:22 pm

As I figured...http://www.clarklittlephotography.com/bio.php (click on the bio page)....most taken on the north shore of Oahu..Also some more different shots in the gallery...

The colorful shots are mostly during sunsets and sunrises so the colors are more than likely reflections from natural existing ones.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:05 pm

realityguy wrote:As I figured...http://www.clarklittlephotography.com/bio.php (click on the bio page)....most taken on the north shore of Oahu..Also some more different shots in the gallery...

The colorful shots are mostly during sunsets and sunrises so the colors are more than likely reflections from natural existing ones.

You missed your calling.....shoulda been taking photos instead of fixing cameras :P the site link was awesome. He can afford all the hasselblads he wants. :o

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:25 pm

At the time I lived in hawaii I was too "currency challenged" to buy the cameras..spent my money on surfboards, girlfriends,and the "high" life instead...but have leftover fond memories(what little I can recall)... :mrgreen:

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:54 pm

realityguy wrote:At the time I lived in hawaii I was too "currency challenged" to buy the cameras..spent my money on surfboards, girlfriends,and the "high" life instead...but have leftover fond memories(what little I can recall)... :mrgreen:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:34 pm

Actually..At the time I lived in Hawaii..I did see a lot of those colors in the waves and for me it didn't have to be sunrise or sunset... :lol:
I did surf a lot locally on the south shore at sunrise and sunset,one of the few times it wasn't crowded and you didn't have to hassle with the locals.I DID my fair share of bodily bouncing off reefs also..Usually the result of tubers closing out on ya over shallow reefs... ;)
I started surfing in hawaii when short boards were a new thing.people were converting from tanks to short thick boards as short as 6',multiple fins,side fins,short fins for side slippin', and a lot of the "innovations" of "today's"(yeah right.. :lol: ) boards.
My first board was an 8' Town & Country country-gun(only 18" wide,single longer fin) from a friend that surfed mostly Makaha on the west shore of Oahu.From that I went to a 6'-4" tri-fin with hard rails and side wings,short fins by Randy Rarick.After that I slacked off to a Dennis Pang 6'-8" board with a single fin,softer rails(better for south shore mush and foam),and side wings..Then I moved back here and used that board behind powerboats for awhile,eventually giving it to an old local hawaii friend that used it in Japan for the 15-20 years that he lived there as a school teacher(now in sacremento).As far as I know,that board is still in Japan being used by one of his friends.

Return to “Amazing Photos”