TeePee

Got an idea for a DIY tarp, tent or hammock? Looking for a better shelter? This is the place to discuss it!
realityguy

Re: TeePee

Postby realityguy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:37 am

What's the weight of the stove,pipe,and legs..the whole kit?..just curious..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:41 am

RR mentioned the woodstove i built for the public use cabin at Burnett Bay, British Columbia, Canada. here's a couple pics:

broke down for shipping:

assembled:

Daren.....
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ordin Aryguy

Postby Ordin Aryguy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:24 am

DarenN wrote:RR mentioned the woodstove i built for the public use cabin at Burnett Bay, British Columbia, Canada.

Daren.....

Wow! That's a fine piece of engineering. It's pretty obvious you're not just an ordinary hack working in your basement with hand tools.

You win, hands down!

Ordin
They speak of my drinking, but never of my thirst...

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:26 am

I wanna go to Burnett Bay, British Columbia, Canada just so I can use that beauty of a stove :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:31 am

thanks Ordin;

you're right, i'm a Sheet Metal Worker by trade. i have access to a complete custom metal working shop. i'm also an ameture machinist and have my own lathe. i'm going to buy a milling machine one of these days, so i don't have to shuttle projects back and forth from home to the shop.

Daren......

Ordin Aryguy

Postby Ordin Aryguy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:38 am

DarenN wrote:thanks Ordin;

you're right, i'm a Sheet Metal Worker by trade. i have access to a complete custom metal working shop. i'm also an ameture machinist and have my own lathe. i'm going to buy a milling machine one of these days, so i don't have to shuttle projects back and forth from home to the shop.

Daren......

If you don't mind, could I ask a few questions about your stove?

Dimensions?
Material?
How does it work? (and I'm going to assume you'll answer with a big grin)

Ordin

Ordin Aryguy

Postby Ordin Aryguy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:41 am

realityguy wrote:What's the weight of the stove,pipe,and legs..the whole kit?..just curious..

The whole kit consists of the stove, 4 legs made from 3/4 EMT, and 3 sections of 3" x 2" exhaust tubing. Sorry I don't have an exact weight on it all, but I would venture that it's in the neighborhood of 8 lbs.

Ordin

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:52 am

Ordin Aryguy wrote:
DarenN wrote:thanks Ordin;

Daren......

If you don't mind, could I ask a few questions about your stove?

Dimensions?
Material?
How does it work? (and I'm going to assume you'll answer with a big grin)

Ordin

mind? not at all!

10.5" wide x 14.5" long x 12.25" high. 4" pipe diameter.

all 304 stainless steel. the top and bottom and door are 18 gauge. front, back, and sides are 20 gauge.

i have not fired the stove but i know from other stoves that i have built that it will work perfectly. in the pic above you can see the adjustable draft slider in the bottom of the door. i also made a spark screen that hangs over the opening with the door left open. some folks like to watch the fire. 8-)

i based the design very loosely on the Kifaru stoves. i've never actually seen a Kifaru, just pics on the 'net.

Daren......

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Reviewing this thread, I now remember ordin aryguy made a couple nice tent stoves. I wish I had a teepee erect in the yard :roll: :oops: . Zelph, did you order those poles you were talking about in 08? :lol: I wonder if some treated 2x4x12 would work. Then split them lengthwise to get two poles from each board and rasp the edges off each end. Back to the backburner! :oops:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:17 pm

His stove is a Rolls Royce of stoves. He should make them for a living.

No teepee in the works yet. It's on the drawing board.....................collecting dust :o :P
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Shelter Skelter”