TeePee

Got an idea for a DIY tarp, tent or hammock? Looking for a better shelter? This is the place to discuss it!
Ridgerunner

Re: TeePee

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:58 pm

zelph wrote:His stove is a Rolls Royce of stoves. He should make them for a living.

No teepee in the works yet. It's on the drawing board.....................collecting dust :o :P

Well, it's been awhile so you may as well break down and get the three person teepee in this link
and onlu three lbs. Do you own a six foot hiking pole...lol includes the stove jack ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tipi-Tent-shelter-stove-jack-camouflage-top-loop-/250963010173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6e8fa27

He sells the stove jacks separate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-tent-tipi-stove-jack-high-temp-complete-instructions-waterproof-/250960552437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6e6a21f5
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Do you own a six foot hiking pole.

You don't need one..two regular poles will fit the pointed tips into a piece of 1/2" aluminum conduit 6" long...or even 1/2" copper or plastic pipe..one handle up and one down..joined in the middle.

That camo tipi sure looks familiar... :roll:

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:27 pm

You did a great job on yours, Cuz plus it has a floor and netting which is extra on the advertised one BUT it does have the stove jack. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Have Dan buy a stove jack..and have his wife give him a boot on the caboose to get his done. ;) On the other hand..he could sell 10 stoves and buy one..and ship us all his silnylon he's sitting on.. :mrgreen:

Mine is a summer one..don't need no stinking badges stove outlet..it was actually used on the thru- hike along the beaches with a heavy rain and held up fine that trip..except for a tiny top leak..everybody else in their expensive tents were hanging gear out to dry the next day. :lol: We didn't even get out of bed(when we just pulled the hammock tarp over us to catch the few drops)
The tipi works great in that it doesn't take external lines to trip over..stakes out fast and goes up fast..lots of room for a couple people and all their gear..even a couple cats!You can stand up to get dressed,sit up to play cribbage,and still less than 3lbs in a small package.
I'm figuring his "11' diameter" is measured outside across the points instead of inside across the flats. :?: I think mine is only 8-9'..have to review the thread on that.. :roll:

Floors and bug netting are available but are not included with this tent. Contact us for more info.

I'm surprised that ebay has gotten so liberal about sales of other items outside of ebay in seller's ads.... :roll: They didn't used to allow anything like that! :o
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:11 am

Ridgerunner, You did a great job on yours, Cuz plus it has a floor and netting which is extra on the advertised one BUT it does have the stove jack.

realityguy's has a stove-cat. :roll: BUT where is the stove :?:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 am

The stoves are in the house..I'm trying not to get them all sooty.. :roll:
Any hiking I do this winter will be at the beach and more than likely I'll spend most of the time around the campfire with margaritas.I found out "Cascade Ice" has a semi-carbonated beverage called "Margarita"..2-3 shots of Jose Gold for a 10 oz or so bottle does a good job for "camp" margaritas!.I bought a 12 pack of the bottles today at Grocery Outlet for .59 a bottle..about 1/2 the normal price...They actually taste pretty good!

If you like margaritas..especially while camping. ;)
http://www.cascadeicewater.com/flavors/ ... arita.html

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Oh gee!!!! There's a song on the tipo of my tounge but can't read it....oops not margarites............pinnacoladas..........yeah that's the one :lol: :lol: :lol: still can't think of the name :roll:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Ah..Toleak Point might become a Margaritaville -Escape if(you like pina coladas,getting caught in the rain) I make it out there this month.. :roll:
;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:05 pm

if(you like pina coladas,getting caught in the rain) I

Thank you!!!!!! that's the one.................now i can sleep better tonight :mrgreen:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Shelter Skelter”