One of the best VINTAGE GEAR INFO sites..

Best of the Best!
realityguy

Re: One of the best VINTAGE GEAR INFO sites..

Postby realityguy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:48 am

I saw the Garuda tent where he listed the "Moss" in the title as a keyword..that had nothing to do with the tent.That type of thing turns me off when sellers do that.He called out Moss..then talked about some other tent designer designed the tent..???? :?: :roll:
I think he just bought a couple of the DD backpacks(feedback)on ebay..then reselling them on ebay..must be trying to find the one he likes best.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:53 am

The $600 tent sold(in Arizona?!) but no one has put a bid on the Solus.I did see a Solus in the woods one time around here..one of the coolest looking tents I've ever seen,like it was hovering over the ground :o ..Someday I WILL make one if I can get those damn Midwest people to part with all that waterproof nylon they are hoarding.. :roll:
:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:19 pm

realityguy wrote:The $600 tent sold(in Arizona?!) but no one has put a bid on the Solus.I did see a Solus in the woods one time around here..one of the coolest looking tents I've ever seen,like it was hovering over the ground :o ..Someday I WILL make one if I can get those damn Midwest people to part with all that waterproof nylon they are hoarding.. :roll:
:lol:

"Let's Make A Deal" :DB:

I'll give you enough material for 2 tents. "give" as in "free" :mrgreen:

after you make the cutting patterns and are ready to cut, you cut 2 pieces at a time, one for me and one for you. ;)

I"ll pay shipping fees both ways.

By the time snow flies here in the midwest I'll have my sewing machine all set up and ready to sew.

Deal, or no-deal?
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:45 pm

I'd have to sit down and make some patterns out of something else before using the nylon..maybe some of my stuff(minty sea green and hershey chocolate brown) that isn't coated.The amount needed is more just the fly and the floor,the rest is pretty much bugmesh.

By the time snow flies here in the midwest I'll have my sewing machine all set up and ready to sew.

Maybe in 2015..unless your wife does it.. :lol:
It's so much easier to copy when you have one on hand.. :roll: ..It is interesting in that it uses a single pole..I might be able to "3d string one out and add arches where needed (wire? :roll: ) to get proper dimensions..
Let me get some free time and in that thought process before deciding "deal or no deal"..don't want to waste material...Right now I'm dealing with several other projects..fortifications,ukuleles,the karaoke jungle cat... :roll:

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Ok! I'm finished with my workcamping adventure so now I'll start on cleaning my garage and greenhouse. Big yard sale will be coming in 2-3 weeks. :D Most of my silnylon fabric is in one place with easy access. Most is grey in color. I'll take a photo of all in stock and send pm.

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Zelph, let me know what you have as well. Thanks!

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:17 pm

JBRanger wrote:Zelph, let me know what you have as well. Thanks!

Will do!

Return to “Favorite Links”