Kettles made in the U.S.A.

Post it here if it's "Made In America"
zelph

Kettles made in the U.S.A.

Postby zelph » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Are there any kettles made here.

Montgomery Kettle is no longer in the U.S.A.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: Kettles made in the U.S.A.

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Are you considering a new venture :?: :DP: :DB:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:17 pm

I have done a lot of research on the volcano kettles and to the best of my knowledge, there are no manufacturers in the states(shame on us). I recall the thermette having a distribution area in the states somewhere in the NW and now the Kelly kettle has a US distributor.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:36 am

Ridgerunner wrote:Are you considering a new venture :?: :DP: :DB:

Yes, they are easy to make when you do straight wall design. :geek: :D

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Going with straight walls will increase overall size to get your desired volume, I would think, especially if it is heating with a wood fire. Are you thinking of using existing containers for your walls or doing some fabrication?

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Going with straight walls will increase overall size to get your desired volume, I would think, especially if it is heating with a wood fire. Are you thinking of using existing containers for your walls or doing some fabrication?

It depends on materials available. There exists some nice premade pieces in the pellet stove industry. I need to do some research. Lots of ideas are flowing. Need to sleep on them :D keep a note pad handy. Just before I doze off I get some good ones :lol:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Well, after a week with your KellyKettle, have you had any more thoughts on fabricating a Zelph Stoveworks Kettle? :ugeek:

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Well, after a week with your KellyKettle, have you had any more thoughts on fabricating a Zelph Stoveworks Kettle? :ugeek:

:oops: I didn't have room for it in the trunk :lol: I took my Origo, one burner alcohol stove and a 4 cup capacity aluminum pot with pour spout and bail handle(side handles also) We camped right next to the town of Metropolis, IL so we were tempted by the local restaurants that were there :oops: Dined out a lot :hungry:

Sat. and Sunday we spent most of the day in the city of Peducah, Kentucky which is within a stones throw across the Ohio River from the campground.It was pure summertime temperatures there. People walking around in shorts and driving convertibles :D

Return to “Made In America Gear”