Cuben material and backpacking

Post it here if it's "Made In America"
zelph

Re: Cuben material and backpacking

Postby zelph » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:42 pm

Hope you move soon!!! :D

I will have a temporary residence for the summer about 45 min from home. My wife and I will be "Work Camping" at an RV Park. She will do the office and I'll do yard maintenace. It will give us the opportunity to see if we would like living in an RV year round as campground hosts. we'll be doing 24 hours work per week. 6 hrs on thu, fri, sat, sun. We will get full hook up, cable, WIFI, laundry and other goodies ($175.00 also)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Sooner, the better AFAIK. The drug addicts that moved-in are now on pills. (That Justice Department, DEA complaint and my complaint to the Mayor made the difference. Maybe the American Lung Association made a phone call?) But I don't want to stay in this building. It is no longer a nice place to reside.

Mr. Cat got a new home. He was delightful. But he is a very special cat. He actually "points" like a bird dog, the the front door, the cell phone, a baby crying down the hall (pacing and "pointing" at the front door). He also acted like a dog, for petting, jumping to reach my hand. He jumped on my chest when I settled in to a comfortable chair. I figured a man had him. He is clearly a special cat for a person who is deaf, or, has hearing loss.

The "vet" at GrassWinds said they would place him with the right person.

I have put everything "extra" in storage, so I can easily move in one or two days. So I am more than ready.

So, what is going to happen? Are you and your wife going to be campground hosts, then?

There is a difference between one campground and another. Some have people clean out the bathrooms or outhouses Others do not. :? The national parks like getting married couples as campground hosts.

I still don't have a regular StarLyte. I never see them for sale. Will you still make stoves?

Look at this ZimmerBuilt Forbes pack: cuben and dyneema. Is this great, or what?
http://www.zimmerbuilt.com/cuben-fiber- ... orbes.html

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:00 pm

ConnieD wrote:Sooner, the better AFAIK. The drug addicts that moved-in are now on pills. (That Justice Department, DEA complaint and my complaint to the Mayor made the difference. Maybe the American Lung Association made a phone call?) But I don't want to stay in this building. It is no longer a nice place to reside.

Mr. Cat got a new home. He was delightful. But he is a very special cat. He actually "points" like a bird dog, the the front door, the cell phone, a baby crying down the hall (pacing and "pointing" at the front door). He also acted like a dog, for petting, jumping to reach my hand. He jumped on my chest when I settled in to a comfortable chair. I figured a man had him. He is clearly a special cat for a person who is deaf, or, has hearing loss.

The "vet" at GrassWinds said they would place him with the right person.

I have put everything "extra" in storage, so I can easily move in one or two days. So I am more than ready.

So, what is going to happen? Are you and your wife going to be campground hosts, then?

There is a difference between one campground and another. Some have people clean out the bathrooms or outhouses Others do not. :? The national parks like getting married couples as campground hosts.

I still don't have a regular StarLyte. I never see them for sale. Will you still make stoves?

Look at this ZimmerBuilt Forbes pack: cuben and dyneema. Is this great, or what?
http://www.zimmerbuilt.com/cuben-fiber- ... orbes.html

Yes, we are going to be hosts along with 3 other couples. This will give our first time experience. If we like it maybe head south for the winter and be hosts down there for the winter.

I'll still be making stoves and Foster Pots. I'm trying to get a large inventory made up. I hired a part time person to begin tomorrow.

Starlytes are being made and sold by my son.

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:22 pm

I don't see the Starlytes in your store.

How can I get one?

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Zelph has his son selling them on eBay if you want one. They are dandy stoves and easy to make ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:20 am

...and to think, all this time I have been watching the store and even checking the BPL store.

The eBay listing is STARLYTE ALCOHOL STOVE BACKPACKING HAMMOCK CAMPING

I saw seven listed: someone told me it is better to list two or three items at a time. If more, you look like a big store.

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 am

Here is a photo of Mr. Cat.

Familiar? From the West Coast?

I found Mr. Cat just before the Christmas holiday. He was cowering, absolutely terrified, meowing loudly, crouching in a box against a building. I brought him some canned salmon. It was all I had, a cat might like. He licked the can. I put my hands down. He let me pick him up. He had claw picker spots around his face and shoulders. Poor kitty. He was obviously not an outdoor cat and some outdoor cat gave him a thrashing for being in his alleyway. I brought him inside and kept him until he healed up and felt much better. He showed he is a special cat for a deaf or hearing impaired person.

I made posters. I even put one up in the Post Office.

The Grasswinds vet places animals, rather than have an animal go to "the pound". They were glad to get Mr. Cat. They said they have many requests for grown-up cats, not kittens. He had his claws. But he never put a claw into anything and he never would bite, even if I pet him too much. I told them all his behaviours, especially for the deaf or hearing loss.

They said they would place him with the right person.

I did like his finding my cell phone, for me, when it rang. I was always misplacing my cell phone. Now, I put it in one place.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Zelph, make sure you pack your wife's sewing machine and take planty of fabric so she can work on your teepee while you are out hosting the campgrounds ;) Maybe you can locate some cedar trees around 12-14 feet high that need "removed" and strap the trunks to the top of the RV. I can see this adventure really working out for you :P :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Nice cat, looks well fed :D Glad you were able to find it a good home to be placed eventually.

I had a technical problem with Starlyte page in my store. Got it fixed and is back online. When you purchase it goes directly to my sons paypal account.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/starlyte-stove.php

It would be super nice if my wife would sew a teepee for me. :D

We have 3 days off, Mon, Tue and Wed. It's only a 40 min. drive to home so I'll be returning home on Mon and go back to camp on Thursday morning. Gives me time for stoves and modifying my hammock. We report to camp next Wed to hook-up the RV. Today's weather forecast calls for freezing temps next week Tues. night :o

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 pm

I think that cat had never been outdoors, previously, in his life. He was obviously well cared for.

That photo was his first day.

I brushed him and got this photo. He is huge, a really big house cat.

I also got a full face photo. I used both photos for broadsides for the Post Office and restaurant.

By the time he left me, he had put on more weight. I had felt he had lost some weight in the extreme cold and fright of being outdoors and friendless. He could stand a little more weight.

He did seem to understand he needed to be with a man who had hearing loss.

I already ordered my Starlyte.

Since freezing weather is forecast, you definitely should do something indoors -- unless you want to do a video on melting snow. How about three trials comparison boil times of all your model stoves outside in freezing weather? :D

Return to “Made In America Gear”