Where to start the list lol....

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
left52side

Re: Where to start the list lol....

Postby left52side » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Yeah the down spout crimper was A steal at 1.00.
Pretty neat for burner projects :mrgreen:
Also bought several other misc. tools for 1.00 A piece like pliers,tin snips,C clamp locks and drill bits.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:21 pm

left52side wrote:Pretty neat for burner projects :mrgreen:

That's what I was thinking :D

I went looking today for some cool basketball shorts................none :roll: bummer
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:49 pm

"I went looking today for some cool basketball shorts................none bummer"

Keep searching..... I might have to make a trip up north to see you in your basketball shorts and those snazzy Air Jordan's :lol: I passed up a nice shiney black pair of Air Jordan's in my size last weekend at a yard sale for $15. The guy behind me snagged them right up...I saved $15 :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:49 pm

Basketball shorts look to be really comfy for the hot temps existing in the Midwest. I've been outside working on stripping all the wood off my trailer to make it lighter in weight. Going to use it to haul my canoe. Going to build a 2 wheel device to strap onto the bottom so I can roll it from shoreline to trailer. Shorts will keep me interested in being outside in the heat :P

left52side

Postby left52side » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:38 pm

Ok couldn't resist stopping at the thrift store today,even though I am leaving for minnesota in two days, and this is what I found.
2 G loomis IMX fishing rod 3.00
1 st croix fishing rod 3.00
1 portable sony dvd player with travel case and accessories 10.00
Also random cloths for 1.00 A piece.
Made out like A bandit with the fishing rods considering I only have to replace A eye on the one and it isnt even A tip eye.
The G loomis retail for around 255.00 A piece new as well as the st croix.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Nice!!!!!!! how many fishing rods do you have :mrgreen: always room for a few more. Yesterday I brought 3 up from the basement to clean and get ready for fall fishing. On had stainless steel wire for fishing deep for lake trout up in Canada. Good old days :D

left52side

Postby left52side » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Dan you know it is not A question of how but how many you dont have...
But honestly I have A ton of fishing stuff ranging from bass fishing to pan fishing to salt water fishing to off shore saltwater...So many different varieties of fishing options here in the sunshine state that the possibilities are endless.
And if I had 100 of the same rod I would never pass up A g loomis for 3.00 :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:00 pm

In the day when I was into buying lots of rods, they were mostly fiberglass. Today, carbon fiber. Much more expensive and lighter in weight.

You got yourself the buy of a life time there. Nice find!!!!

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:48 pm

You can never have too many rods..until you decide to sell a few..then they all seem to be the "one" you want to keep.. :cry: ..I did sell my 4 weight IMX flyrod(shipped it to SF,CA about a year ago)..but I did keep the Loomis 6,7,and 8 weight fly ones..I have a 3 of their salmon/steelhead rods also.I recently pulled out a big bin of reels..made a couple hundred $..and it didn't appear the guy bought any of the good ones I would have wanted out of the bunch :shock: .I didn't put out my good flyfishing reels though.I found a decent Marryat MR9A the other day along with a cheaper Martin for $8(minus my 20% senior discount of course.. :mrgreen: )..on the plastic bag wall...There was also a frame for an old big Pflueger Medalist in there,but no spools..I guess you can't expect everything. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:22 am

RG, you've been into fishing for some time............what's your preference, fly fishing, casting or trolling?

I like fly and casting surface lures. An adrenalin rush to have them come to the surface and clobber the lure :fishing:

You always get some interesting items at thrift stores(envy :P )

Latest item for me was a cast aluminum fry pan of vintage years. I also found a make shift lid for it on the same shelf, aluminum cookie pan made by Wilton. Going to try baking in it in the same fashion as cast iron dutch oven cookware.

P.S. I have never found a fishing reel in a thrift store :o Rods, yes :?
Attachments
Guardian Service 005.JPG
Guardian Service 003.JPG
Guardian Service 002.JPG
Guardian Service 001.JPG

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”