Where to start the list lol....

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
left52side

Re: Where to start the list lol....

Postby left52side » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Todays list isnt much but here it is.
Nike new quick dry t shirt 2.00
Champion quick dry t shirt 1.00
Nike athletic shorts 1.00
Jenga game 1.00
Dunkin imperial new in package yoyo .50
Not that I need A yoyo or jenga game but hey the price was right lol.
And this for 1.00 can someone tell me what it is lol.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:26 pm

Everyone needs a yoyo. We used to have contest to see who could wear down the wood the fastest by "walking the dog" :o

"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:10 pm

I haven't found/bought much in the way of camping gear lately..I did see a nice Eureka tent the other day for $15..came home to look it up($70-80)..went back the next day as the first one through the door(half off day)..plus a couple Yak Trax sets that were$5(seen a lot of those lately)..everything was gone the night before! :cry:
I did get a brand new Whisperlite unused in the box today("Old Raisin" Day..50% off)..so I got it for $3.(they didn't have a clue what it was...) :DB:
I also bought ten vhs tapes for evenings at the vacation home(Victoria,BC went HD so I no longer get to watch hours of hockey,the same ads over and over,small town news 5 times a day, and crappy Canadian movies in the evenings).The movies weren't listed for price but "cassettes were 10 cents each",so they gave me that price..senor discount made them a nickel apiece!That thrift store is my private viewing library..I buy cheap..watch..then redonate them.
I also got a neoprene bag for my Garmin 60CSx for $1.50..I finally got to try the hiking GPS unit on 10 miles of trails on saturday and it worked like a champ!Just what I needed..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Good to hear your GPS is all you hoped it would be :) I always am amazed at the gear you pick up in the thrift stores for pennies on the dollar. :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:15 pm

That thrift store is my private viewing library..I buy cheap..watch..then redonate them.

Hey, my wife is into that system :D She needs to take half dozen back tomorrow.

GPS navigation for my car.....got one of those to sell me? Want it to talk to me when it's time to start watching for exits on my way to a few new camping areas. If not, any recommendations on a good unit to buy new?

:D I'm tickled pink every time you get these good thrift store deals :D

Buy some army surplus fiberglass antenna mast poles that come in four foot sections and raise a mast up with a 70 dollar antenna and get beau coupé local stations at your cottage/home away from home. I'll send you a pivoting ground anchor for it. 8-)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Dan, I find myself using my smartphone as a gps rather than my Garmin in the car. There is an App called"Scout" that works well and , yes, it talks to you ahead of time on where to turn ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

left52side

Postby left52side » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:01 pm

Well not alot of great finds in the thrift store lately for me as far as camping/outdoors stuff goes other than A few shirts/shorts etc. Misc stove making stuff and etc.
But I did happen on A good sale at my local bealls store here in the sunshine state. I had a 10.00 off coupon if you spend 25.00 or more plus A coupon for 50% off of clearance and I found an awesome pair of under armor shorts on clearance for 15.00 in my size and A nice reel legends quick dry shirt on sale for 10.00 . So my total after coupons was 7.50.... Not to bad for A outfit :)
Also bought A few pair of scarpa trail running shoes online recently for 39.00 A pair and had some coupons for free shipping and 10.00 off which they let me combine so naturally I bought three pairs :p.
Hopefully in coming weeks ill post some better finds from my small florida town.
Also am looking forward to checking out A few thrift shops while on my thru hike of the SHT in coming months.
I just know im going to find some goodies that I will have to mail home lol.
I have already allocated postage money and thrifty money into my budget :p

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:33 pm

I love thrifts store deals. You got some good ones. Sat. I got a Gander Mountain sleeping bag for $10.00, looks new, heavy-heavy duty zipper. Heavy bag for car camping in the fall/winter months.

There were other goodies but I was in control :mrgreen:

left52side

Postby left52side » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Ok so yesterdays deals were as follows.
2 pair of under armour 5" running type shorts.(which is awesome because I had two pair sitting in A basket at backcountry.com. 3.00 A pair.
One under armour synthetic t shirt. 2.00
And two pair of nike trail runners in great shape for 3.00 A pair.
Also found some misc smaller stuff like stove making stuff a down spout crimper,a mylar blanket,dog items ,
Pretty stoked on the shorts though that saved me 90.00 ...
If there are items anyone is in the search of please feel free to pm and I will keep an eye open on them,obviously just pay shipping and cost of item.
I am in thrift stores three times A week at least.
Bunch of carhartt double knee duck canvas pants in the one the other day for 1.00 A pair but I am not listing on ebay until after my thru hike or I would have scooped them up.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:55 am

Pretty stoked on the shorts though that saved me 90.00 ...

Whoa!!! nice savings there.

Crimper sounds interesting :mrgreen:

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”