Where to start the list lol....

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
left52side

Re: Where to start the list lol....

Postby left52side » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:42 am

Hey Dan not close to A college or university but live on what is called the nature coast of Florida.
Most of our revenue for this small town is from outdoor activities mostly pertaining to the water or manatees ...
Also there is A big senior citizen population here so again unfortunately maybe when the male spouse passes on in times the female spouse cleans out there "mancave" or garage or whatever and dont really know what they have.
I bought one time two st. croix inshore fishing rods and one G loomis inshore spinning rod from the thrift store here for 2.00.
I passed up some patagonia fleeces yesterday because I just do not need them.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:55 am

The thrift stores around my town have resellers cruising the isles loading shopping carts and then they go off into a corner and use their iphones to check the internet on the prices and ebay listings. Items not worthy of ebay go back on the shelves.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

left52side

Postby left52side » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 am

The thrift stores around my town have resellers cruising the isles loading shopping carts and then they go off into a corner and use their iphones to check the internet on the prices and ebay listings. Items not worthy of ebay go back on the shelves.

Yes that happens here as well.
I myself do the same thing but not to the extent of filling shopping carts by any means.
But I do look for buried cheap treasures :)
I found today brand new 10 nylon drawstring bags that I plan to use for making bugout bags etc.
They only wanted .10 A piece so I bought all they had.
If they had 100 I probably would have bought them lol.
Also found A nice nike Florida gators hat for 1.00 and A plethora of silicone bands for .10 A piece.
So not A bad start to the week :)

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:10 pm

nike Florida gators hat for 1.00

That's the best deal :D not really, the drawstring bags was the best 8-)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Reselling Patagonia on eBay could have gave you a nice profit to buy other wants or needs ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

left52side

Postby left52side » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Reselling Patagonia on eBay could have gave you a nice profit to buy other wants or needs ;)

I have resold quite A few items on fleabay that I find in the stores,usually clothes related items.
I have sold patagonia or columbia or mountain hardwear stuff that I find that isnt my size or etc.
Buty I generally sell it cheap enough to make minimal profit and use the paypal money for such things as buying stoves off Dan :p ... You get the point ...
But I also use it to donate to various things and sell the goods at A price that the consumer is getting A great deal on something that in there area might be quite A bit more.
But obviously not as cheap as I get them :P
I love to search the thrift stores for the magic finds.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Dang those resellers! :evil: They get everything!..especially those senior ones... 8-) :lol:
I DON'T use a cell phone to check on prices..why I've got so much crap to sell...I usually have a pretty good idea of values without using one..however I have blown it a few times and bought items I shouldn't have or worse yet..left items behind when I shouldn't have bought them... :cry:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

left52side

Postby left52side » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Dang those resellers! :evil: They get everything!..especially those senior ones... 8-) :lol:

OHHHH them darn seniors lol.
I do not use A cell phone or anything like that either,but if I see an item I think I can possibly resale at A good price to another individual then I generally will grab it up and post it.
All the camping/hiking/fishing or really any outdoor stuff usually winds up in my extended collection of crap :)
My dog told me that our tiny home was getting quite cramped inside due to my collecting outdoorsy stuff.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:38 pm

You guys keep your eyes open for a Eureka "Headquarters" tent for me. I have 2, but can use a 3rd :mrgreen:

https://www.google.com/search?q=eureka+ ... EQ_AUIBygC

left52side

Postby left52side » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Will do Dan.
Seen something like it the other day... if it is still there tomorrow I will snap A pic of it.
I know it wasnt the eureka headquarters tent but it was A giant monstrosity of A tent :p.
The whole tent weighed more than my load out for three season pack by at least five pounds lol.
I myself am in search of A sierra designs tent pole for my meteor light cd tent ....

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”