Bought me a new Flashlight...

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

Bought me a new Flashlight...

Postby realityguy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:32 pm

I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket.. :evil: Why did they change something that works into a POS! :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:
SD CD Flashlight..we'll just say the price was extremely right on this... :lol:

Look!The Panther is lurking about!That's my Poki-boy! :D The Coon-cat is still alive..just 16(pounds and years) and not as spry as she used to be..she missed this one while she was snoozing... :cry:

And..I did pickup another North Face down bag yesterday..something I really,really needed!No.. really!Ask my wife! :roll: :evil: :evil: :taz: ... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Re: Bought me a new Flashlight...

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:39 pm

You are truly blessed, Cuz! Great finds! 8-)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:24 pm

I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket..I hate photobucket.. :evil: Why did they change something that works into a POS! :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:
SD CD Flashlight..we'll just say the price was extremely right on this... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That made my day lucky %$&^#@%^$# :mrgreen:

I hope your cat pees on your foot :DB: :DP: :DB: :DP:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Is rather see his cat pee on his new stove. Then he might send it to me to clear the smell out of Seattle :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:19 pm

That's the first tent Poki has seen setup..looks like I've got another camping cat..Gees!With two fat cats..I'll have to start buying bigger tents again! :roll: ...and Poki learned real fast..NO CLAWS! :evil: He's been a good boy.. :roll:
I bought/sold one a couple weeks ago in about a day..I took a chance and bought a couple others without opening them..A SD Omega CD and an REI Geo Mountain..I think one needs a couple pole sections replaced(Geo Mountain) and the other was totally torn apart on the top end of the inside tent..but had a perfect rainfly and poles(I think the Omega CD)..parts..I've got a drawer or two of poles..
People are getting new tents this time of year and getting rid of the older "color"...It's no longer "in".. :lol: ..I'll be picking up a LOT of "Grainger Outerwear Care" Kits in a few days...waiting for "senior discount day"... ;) ..gotta wash a ton or two of tents... :teepee:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Okay..been a couple weeks..but I got a new Nitelite to go with my Flashlight. 8-) ..Appears this one was bought on a closeout with a broken pole section(front side back corner)..and :shock: never fixed or used!..Yeah..I think I have at least one pole section laying around.. :lol: I might even have another nitelite(might have sold a couple..I don't know :roll: )..have had three now..

Couple days ago I found a like-new REI Traveldown also.. :DB:..lightweight down mummy long 45degree summer bag..

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:26 pm

More nice finds, Cuz :DP:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:44 pm

RR you don't happen to have a SD CD Omega that needs a nice fly and poles do you?The top end of the tent needs to be resewn.Hmm...maybe I'll make a newer lighter one out of the parts..sew the floor to the fly with some short sidewalls with vents... :roll: ...Oh..Oh..another damn project! :o
The wife is in Hawaii for a couple weeks so I have time(and her garage) to pull out tents,down bags,and thermorest pads,backpacks..and tons of cookware.
I fixed the pole for the nitelite(needed a new inner pole end is all)..fixed another pole for an REI Geo(couple more fabric small repairs needed,pole sleeve stitch or two,and a small patch on the fly)
I need to wash a lot of tents..the weather just isn't cooperating for the drying process though :evil: $%#$#$%...I also need to go through a lot of tent bags and figure out what is in them.I did find the White Stag "Barbie" Tent for Zelph's next visit. :shock:...... :lol: He'll probably have company... :roll:

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:14 pm

All are nice finds. I did come across a barbie style tent but it had no floor spreader bar set up. Figure I can use a sheet of cardboard box cut to fit...make it work!!!!

Seems like every time your wife takes off to visit her folks you find time/room for tents. :D

Just so everyone knows, you live in Seattle where REI has their headquarters....right?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:10 pm

No Omega here,Cuz. You should pick a nice day and set all your tents up while your wife is gone. It might make it easier to see just what you have, what repairs are needed and what you might want to thin out plus your cat would have fun playing hide and seek :lol:

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”