G&S Stovetop Oven..

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

G&S Stovetop Oven..

Postby realityguy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Found this at a thrift store today:

Called a Stovetop Oven..Should be great for over those woodstoves!It has a difusser bottom with a small well in the middle for adding a small amount of water to retain some moisture and a lid like a cake cover so you can bake potatoes or anything else right on top of your Kitchen stove rather than in the oven..Anyway..it should work perfect over a small woodstove!Put out By G&S Metal Products Co./Cleveland,OH 44127.The Bon Marche price was $8+(I got mine for $4).
Basic instructions are included for defrosting and baking frozen foods,steaming vegetables,baking with just tinfoil(to prevent spillage into the difusser base),or pans..or just throwing a couple spuds in there.
It does add "To prevent burning food,bake only at low or medium heat".(Preheat on high for 3-5 minutes)..so it should work over alcohol stoves or wood coals if you are careful and watchful...
Under the lid you have 8" across X 2-1/4" at the edges(a little higher in the middle)..weighs in right at 1lb. :DB: :DB: :dinner:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

cadyak

Re: G&S Stovetop Oven..

Postby cadyak » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Ill say again. You guys have some good thrift stores.
I would love to play with one of those. :D

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Appears it may no longer be available..looking at their website..Stock # 32-T..made in the good ol' USA..probably why it's no longer made! :roll: Why is it all the good stuff disappears?????
Yeah..I'll have fun baking with it!
Maybe if someone begs and pleads with them they'll fire them up again as "camp bakers"...
http://www.gsmetal.com/display_page.asp?page_id=10

Oh..and it does have a nice little wire handle off the diffuser portion for pulling it off your wood stove.

This appears to be somewhat close-->(googled "Potato baker")
http://www.amazon.com/BW-STOVE-TOP-POTA ... 539&sr=8-2
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

oops56

Postby oops56 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:22 pm

realityguy wrote:Found this at a thrift store today:

Called a Stovetop Oven..Should be great for over those woodstoves!It has a difusser bottom with a small well in the middle for adding a small amount of water to retain some moisture and a lid like a cake cover so you can bake potatoes or anything else right on top of your Kitchen stove rather than in the oven..Anyway..it should work perfect over a small woodstove!Put out By G&S Metal Products Co./Cleveland,OH 44127.The Bon Marche price was $8+(I got mine for $4).
Basic instructions are included for defrosting and baking frozen foods,steaming vegetables,baking with just tinfoil(to prevent spillage into the difusser base),or pans..or just throwing a couple spuds in there.
It does add "To prevent burning food,bake only at low or medium heat".(Preheat on high for 3-5 minutes)..so it should work over alcohol stoves or wood coals if you are careful and watchful...
Under the lid you have 8" across X 2-1/4" at the edges(a little higher in the middle)..weighs in right at 1lb. :DB: :DB: :dinner:

yup i got 2 or 3 of them not try them out yet neat little oven
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Yup, I, like Oops56, have two and one still had the labeling on it like Cuz's. I have even passed on a few since I bought those two. Also like Oops56, I have not tried mine out and am not even sure of their location at the present time :oops: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:43 pm

They should work dynamite on the current woodstoves!..maybe, RR, you oughta hunt up your old one and have that "official woodstove tester" give it a shot..I'm sure he can cook up some kind of eggs in one of those... :roll:

:lol:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:56 pm

It is a little big and a little heavy but has great potential ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

JollyRogers

Postby JollyRogers » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:03 am

This is hilarious! I just found a heat diffuser in a bargain bin today and brought it home for testing on alcohol and wood stoves! :D

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:13 am

I thought about one of those..now you just need a proper lid.Use a pudding ring pan inside and add a small metal cap or wedding favor tin of water in the center..you'll have the same thing or close to it...

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:57 pm

The difusers are nice things to modify :D I removed the hardware from the frypan and put it on the difuser.

Nice find RG, make some kind of eggs with it and enjoy!!!! :D

posting.php?mode=edit&f=45&p=16157

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”