Wind screen aka solar sun tan reflector

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
zelph

Wind screen aka solar sun tan reflector

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:42 am

My wife identified this as a sun tan reflective screen. I found one last year and now recently found another in the local thrift store. I've used my original as a windscreen in some of my wood burner testing. The last one I got for my wife's car cook kit. It has 2 hinged sides, folds flat..............I like them. Watch for them in your thrift shops. I think they were a tv ad special way back when...
Attachments
diy stove 009.jpg
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Re: Wind screen aks solar sun tan reflector

Postby realityguy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:32 am

:lol: ..I've got one..was going to cut it in half for height and make two out of it... :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Is is made from aluminum? If not, it would be perfect for a stove idea I've had. Ridgerunner need to do some more thriftin' !
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Yes,aluminum..Hmm. :roll: .maybe we can cut the back in half vertical..then cut them horizontal through all 3 sheets and get FOUR out of them that fold into an arc with 1/3 hinged! :DP: ...Yeah..I'm cheap! :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:03 pm

We say you are "thrifty" :D

I'm leaving mine alone, just as is. My wife loves me more since I got one for her :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”