Yesterday's score.

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Mister Krabs

Yesterday's score.

Postby Mister Krabs » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 am

A bayou billy tin mug. It's a 32 oz steel can with a rolled out top and a spot welded on handle. It will make an excellent pot. Bonus is that the small IMUSA lid fits it perfectly. $1.51

zelph

Re: Yesterday's score.

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:18 am

Nice find!!! I like pots with graphics on them. gives them character. don't know why anyone would take the graphics off a Heineken pot or cover it up with glass prickers :roll: :mrgreen: and then lick off the glass fuzzies :roll: :roll:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:35 am

nice find!
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Mister Krabs

Postby Mister Krabs » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:44 am

after some more fiddleing, I can figure multiple configurations for this. Solo with a fancee feast, windscreen, fuel, coffee drip cup, and lighter inside and the imusa lid on top. For two, it's about the same size as the quart container in my skidsteer deluxe heine kitchen/coffemaker. If I sub it out for the ziplock quart, but keep the ziplock 2 cup top, I'll need a rubber band to keep it together. But if I add a starlyte, I will have nested 2 pots, two stoves, 2 windscreens, fuel, coffeemaker, cup, cozy and a lighter. Maybe my spoon too.

I'll see if I can come up with a pic, headed to south florida for the weekend, I'll check back in next week.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:52 am

Wait a minute..Isn't that oops on the front? :o
:mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Mister Krabs wrote:after some more fiddleing, I can figure multiple configurations for this. Solo with a fancee feast, windscreen, fuel, coffee drip cup, and lighter inside and the imusa lid on top. For two, it's about the same size as the quart container in my skidsteer deluxe heine kitchen/coffemaker. If I sub it out for the ziplock quart, but keep the ziplock 2 cup top, I'll need a rubber band to keep it together. But if I add a starlyte, I will have nested 2 pots, two stoves, 2 windscreens, fuel, coffeemaker, cup, cozy and a lighter. Maybe my spoon too.

I'll see if I can come up with a pic, headed to south florida for the weekend, I'll check back in next week.

All that inside, I didn't think it was that big :shock:

Looks like oops, does he wear a hat?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

I think I found one of those Bayou Billy cups at the thrift store a few years ago. I think the handle is different. The wife uses it to clean her paint brushes in. :o I may have to reappropriate the lit'l buger ! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:55 pm

32oz is a pretty healthy dose of 'shine... :o
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”