Scores of the day!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
DaddyMnM

Re: Scores of the day!

Postby DaddyMnM » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:53 pm

That stove generated a lot of interest when I posted some pictures of one just like it last year. I've never seen the original packaging before. It uses butane cigarette lighter fuel cans like Ronson's. There are a few stovies here including Zelph who may have interest in it.
Not sure where the pictures went, but here is the thread ...

http://www.bplite.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1091

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:22 am

Okay..I carefully took it out of the package to save the condition of the packaging.It's never been fired or out before!

For sure it's the same one,has everything you described right down to the hex portion,rubber tubing(like new)..sorry bad picture I didn't load until I stapled it back in the bag.
Mfg for Fairbans Distribution Ltd/Victoria Drive,Vancouver,BC Made In Japan
Has directions on the outside cardboard in English,inside is French(hey,it's Canadian packaging!)It does say patent pending so no way to even track a patent date and no date on the packaging.
I'm starting to collect stoves again,so I'll be keeping it..see if I can catch up with oops! :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:50 am

Here's a "large enough to read" copy of the instructions...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:54 am

Anybody need better pictures of parts..I can throw them on the scanner or macro some shots...reassemble and take another if needed..Just ask! :lol:

DaddyMnM

Postby DaddyMnM » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:52 am

I am sure this is the same stove, but I think your's is newer. Mine did not have the windscreen (could have been lost) and the tubing was gum rubber which was had hardened and cracked. Your tubing looks like it is black and made of some other material which was probably an upgrade. Nice to know where it came from. My brother came out here a couple of times to climb Mount Rainier. It's possible he picked it up here on one of those trips.

I live near Seattle, but I have never seen stuff as good as you get in the thrift shops. Now I know why. Gotta get up early and frequently to beat you to the goods :lol:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:17 am

Near Seattle?..North or South? What part?.I live in Lynnwood and find this area seems to be the best around..but timing IS crucial!

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:31 am

I fixed the "assembled" picture in the above post to a clearer one and left the windscreen and top burner head off so people could see the assembly better.It does have a smaller than normal rubber fuel line and the windscreen could be easily made from a can or small pie pan,three small indents for the potstand legs hold it in place and solidify everything better.The windscreen is 3" across on the top edges,2-1/4" on the bottom,and 3/4" high if you want to make something.Center hole fits snug around the upright piece of course.

DaddyMnM

Postby DaddyMnM » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Near Seattle?..North or South? What part?.I live in Lynnwood and find this area seems to be the best around..but timing IS crucial!

I am an eastsider living across the water in Redmond.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:29 pm

I am an eastsider living across the water in Redmond.

Heck..you've got 5 good stores over there..well..two value villages(redmond,totem lake) and a goodwill(bellevue)..and couple of the smaller ones(bellevue and totem lake across from VV)..in Kenmore a couple more(they get picked pretty clean,rarely by me!).I rarely get to that side and there should be some real good pickings now.You've got the "rich" folk over there that like to chuck all of last year's eddie-bauer-type goods..only because they aren't in "this year's fashoin colors"... :lol: Keep your eyes open and check in a few times here and there..should be some goodies for you cheap!If you drive by..check them out!
I don't shop for "hiking gear"..more for other "product".Hiking gear is just another by-product of my time spent looking.
Zelph will be happy..I whitewashed today at 5 stores!!!!!! :lol: Oh well..Guess I should have checked 6! ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Zelph will be happy..I whitewashed today at 5 stores!!!!!! Oh well..Guess I should have checked 6!

Yes, it does. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Can you do a macro shot of the valve please and thank you. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”