potholder clips?

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
zelph

Re: potholder clips?

Postby zelph » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:52 pm

realityguy wrote:Let me try that again here--->

Hope it's clickable thiis time... :(

It clicks.

Looking good!!! Make the feet swivel. I like the mini keg look :)

The feet look sturdy with the ribs, nice!!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:46 pm

zelph wrote:

It clicks.

They do swivel ..and stack on top of each other.I was thinking of some kind of windscreen attached to those to do the same thing,all stack on one side..It's too big being a 24OZ(burns forever!)..just something to play with.Question..Do any other cans have the recessed ring between the diameter of the 12OZ and 24OZ heinekins?Just a clone experiment...Before I touch up the green band for width to not show,jb weld,and clean it up..I'm just making sure it'll burn like I want or scrap it..I'll have to do some more "Heinekin research" and get some more cans. ;) The wife can't argue with that!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:10 pm

realityguy wrote:
zelph wrote:

It clicks.

They do swivel ..and stack on top of each other.I was thinking of some kind of windscreen attached to those to do the same thing,all stack on one side..It's too big being a 24OZ(burns forever!)..just something to play with.Question..Do any other cans have the recessed ring between the diameter of the 12OZ and 24OZ heinekins?Just a clone experiment...Before I touch up the green band for width to not show,jb weld,and clean it up..I'm just making sure it'll burn like I want or scrap it..I'll have to do some more "Heinekin research" and get some more cans. ;) The wife can't argue with that!

Use the small keg cans. Wasn't there an Irish beer that had a small keg can?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:32 pm

zelph wrote:

That's what I was wondering..I don't mind drinking Heinekin but I may as well go out and buy a decent canister stove for what heinekin costs around here(about $10-11 a six)...and I'm used to buying my beer in bottles(Beck's,MacTarnahan's Amber Ale.) :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:13 pm

realityguy wrote:
zelph wrote:

That's what I was wondering..I don't mind drinking Heinekin but I may as well go out and buy a decent canister stove for what heinekin costs around here(about $10-11 a six)...and I'm used to buying my beer in bottles(Beck's,MacTarnahan's Amber Ale.) :mrgreen:

We can buy 6...24oz.cans for what you pay for 12 oz. out your way. Hamms use to have a barrel/keg can years ago. You can find them listed on ebay. I think they are steel. I'm surprised no one has made a root beer in a barrel type can. Cost is probably too high !
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 am

I just paid $2.99 each for 3 -24s..I can get the MacTarnahan's Amber Ale(10x better beer but hard to find) for $2-2.29)and a better buzz/taste to boot!
:lol:

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”