1 ounce size keychain canisters

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
zelph

1 ounce size keychain canisters

Postby zelph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:08 pm

I got these at a fleamarket Saturday. They might be turned into a stove or something. They're made of stainless steel. 1 ounce fluid capacity.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Postby irrationalsolutions » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:17 pm

thats interesting because i was just looking at one of my waterproof match holders (the metal one) and thinking about making a onetime use stove that could stay in your pocket and use if you needed something fast. its about the same size. you know like an everyday carry type thing. the idea was to also use your keychain fire starter. :D
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:44 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:thats interesting because i was just looking at one of my waterproof match holders (the metal one) and thinking about making a onetime use stove that could stay in your pocket and use if you needed something fast. its about the same size. you know like an everyday carry type thing. the idea was to also use your keychain fire starter. :D

Magnesium shavings would be great in there to have as an emergency, start a fire anywhere in the rain type of starter.

oops56

Postby oops56 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:10 pm

zelph wrote:I got these at a fleamarket Saturday. They might be turned into a stove or something. They're made of stainless steel. 1 ounce fluid capacity.

I got one at wall mart just a hanging and waiting
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Looks like a small opening. Will it seal water tight? might make a great simmering stove. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Looks like a small opening. Will it seal water tight? might make a great simmering stove. ;)

I'll have to test the seals. I thought they were for holding what Deacon Daren refers to 2 fingers high :lol: or priming fuel :mrgreen:

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:36 pm

zelph wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:Looks like a small opening. Will it seal water tight? might make a great simmering stove. ;)

I'll have to test the seals. I thought they were for holding what Deacon Daren refers to 2 fingers high :lol: or priming fuel :mrgreen:

Harrumph!
way too small for priming fuel. 8-)
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 pm

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:I got these at a fleamarket Saturday. They might be turned into a stove or something. They're made of stainless steel. 1 ounce fluid capacity.

I got one at wall mart just a hanging and waiting

Hurry Oops, the race is on to who will post their stove first ! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:31 am

i thought i had something...
the wife went to wallyworld to get a few things and came home. i was helping her unpack and put stuff up and i noticed that she had baught some lip balm that was in a little soda can. so i thought this would make a cool burner for a canister stove. opened it up and it was plastic. :( my heart was broken i thought i had a new toy.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:57 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:i thought i had something...
the wife went to wallyworld to get a few things and came home. i was helping her unpack and put stuff up and i noticed that she had baught some lip balm that was in a little soda can. so i thought this would make a cool burner for a canister stove. opened it up and it was plastic. :( my heart was broken i thought i had a new toy.

IR, I think I bought a couple of them a few months back(orange Crush, Dr. Pepper) They looked aluminum but nah baby nah. After making the pill bottle burner, I realize that the soda can lip balms would have been too small even if they were aluminum. :roll:

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”