Jiffypop multi-use pan

Share your favorite food, the greasier the better. I love bacon!!!!! and also eggs.
ImageImage
zelph

Jiffypop multi-use pan

Postby zelph » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Help me come up with some meals that can be prepared once the popcorn has been emptied out of the pan into a paper bag. The photo shows how I made a small hole in the top of the dome and then dumped the popcorn out so I could reuse the pan to fry something and then right after that use it again for boiling something..
Looking for some ideas.

After all the cooking is done, remove aluminum from wire handle and use handle for roasting hotdogs/marshmallows at the evening meal. After that use the handle for??? :idea: :idea:
Attachments
003.JPG
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: Jiffypop multi-use pan

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Cut 2-3 pieces of bacon in half and fry. Then add a couple eggs to your bacon grease and you have breakfast, lunch or dinner ;) Eggs and bacon are good for any meal and any time of day :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:07 am

Ridgerunner wrote:Cut 2-3 pieces of bacon in half and fry. Then add a couple eggs to your bacon grease and you have breakfast, lunch or dinner ;) Eggs and bacon are good for any meal and any time of day :DP:

That is so true :D I just love the restaurants that serve breakfast all day :D

After frying the eggs and bacon, melt some Milk Duds or caramel squares and then put popcorn back into pan, mix to coat, and enjoy :mrgreen:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:37 pm

Do those jiffy poppers have a little oil in them?I haven't really seen those in several years..due to microwavable stuff (I still like PopWeavers from Walmart for popping the best in the nuker)...
Those pans would probably work great for cooking fresh fish dishes... :roll: ..alongside your bacon and eggs,of course.. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:49 pm

realityguy wrote:Do those jiffy poppers have a little oil in them?I haven't really seen those in several years..due to microwavable stuff (I still like PopWeavers from Walmart for popping the best in the nuker)...
Those pans would probably work great for cooking fresh fish dishes... :roll: ..alongside your bacon and eggs,of course.. :mrgreen:

It contains partially hydrogenated soybean oil and some hydrogenated cotton seed oil in solid form attached/clumped onto the kernels.

My first thoughts on this frying pan was to let the oils melt off the corn kernals and then fry some fresh caught fish before the kernels popped. Keep the stove on low heat and let the fish cook slowly. Scoop out the fish and then go back and pop the corn, letting them pop and fly any which way :lol: Let the birds feast on the popped corn laying on the ground. :o If the birds don't get the squirrels will ;)

The jiffy pops were on sale locally, 2 for $3.00

Return to “Just Plain Ole Camp Cooking”