Pan Bread and Muffins

Share your favorite food, the greasier the better. I love bacon!!!!! and also eggs.
DarenN

Re: Pan Bread

Postby DarenN » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I also tried to bake some brownies in my newly aquired All Weather cooking system from austrailia. Scorched the bottom of the pan.

Anyone know of a way to make aluminum look silver again ? (as opposed to black)

yep. Mothers Aluminum Polish. just like what Skids used to polish his heiney pot.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I also tried to bake some brownies in my newly aquired All Weather cooking system from austrailia. Scorched the bottom of the pan.

Anyone know of a way to make aluminum look silver again ? (as opposed to black)

Was it the denatured that scorched it or was the distance from pot to your burner off a little?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:19 pm

Zelph check this out

Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:56 pm

Was it the denatured that scorched it or was the distance from pot to your burner off a little?

It had to be the denatured alcohol along with the dry pan a cheap Aussie Aluminum :P :lol: It is made to fit at certain heights with no adjustments.

I forgot that I have some Mothers aluminum polish i just recently bought to cleam my aluminum wheels of brake dust. I will give it a try. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:35 am

oops56 wrote:Zelph check this out

Thos work good for donuts made with bisquick mix. The muffin mixes should work good also. I like how it fits just right on your pot. Put 1/4 cup of water in the pot and bake somthing. Use only 1/2 ounce of fuel. I like your way of thinking: Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained :D

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:47 am

Oops, looks like you could shave down the inner ring of the bundt pan and your pot lid would fit perfect or the loose fit works to allow steam to escape without soaking your muffins. You might cover the pan with foil to help keep the steam of your bake goods.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:44 am

Well i did it not to good i put to much fuel in stove up in a ball of flame burnt most of the fuel off but i got a 4 min. burn try later with the right flame

Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:01 pm

It worked!!!!!! that's music to our ears :D Good work oops. Too bad you did'nt get the ball of flame on camera. You could have used as your 4th of Julu stove :lol:

I made cinnamon rolls per my wifes request for breakfast. I used the pizza pan set-up and used the gas range on low heat. It worked!!!! :D I used 1/3 cup water and after it evaporated I let it dry heat for 2-3 min. Used margarin to grease the pan. All went well, made 4 rolls at a time. Used the rolls that come in a tube and need to be refirigerated.

sarbar

Postby sarbar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:10 pm

I did a bit more with baking using steam - I hadn't shot a video of it so I did one this week.

You Tubey Video
Freezer Bag Cooking, Trail Cooking, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
http://www.freezerbagcooking.com

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 pm

I did a bit more with baking using steam - I hadn't shot a video of it so I did one this week.
Well done Sabar ! ;) I don't think I have ever seen muffin cups like that. Specialty store ?

Return to “Just Plain Ole Camp Cooking”