Turkey on the menu

Share your favorite food, the greasier the better. I love bacon!!!!! and also eggs.
ImageImage
zelph

Turkey on the menu

Postby zelph » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:59 pm

Turkey with all the trimmings are on my menu for tomorrow.

What's on your menu?

Our little turkey mascot will be gone by Monday :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

russb

Re: Turkey on the menu

Postby russb » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:05 pm

It is on my menu as well, except I celebrate Tgiving with the family on Wednesday night (I do the cooking). On Thursday, I do volunteer work. Right now, the turkey is roasting, stuffing is cookin in the crockpot, cranberry sauce was made this AM as was the green bean casserole. Rolls are rising, ready to be baked once the turkey comes out. My MIL is boiling potatoes. All is well, much to be thankful for.

russb

sarbar

Postby sarbar » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:40 pm

Baked pumpkin pie and maple pecan pie (made with maple syrup, no gross corn syrup!) this afternoon. Also made the cranberry sauce (cranberries, sugar, orange sauce and orange peel).
Smoked turkey, cornbread stuffing, gravy, maple berry sweet potatoes and green bean casserole as well tomorrow. :)
Freezer Bag Cooking, Trail Cooking, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
http://www.freezerbagcooking.com

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:55 am

I cook the turkey and gravy. The Mrs. cooks the mashed potatos, greenbean cassarole, and Herb Stuffing. Mom will bring the homemade dinner rolls, relish tray, and make a big bowl of fruit punch with ice cream. My niece brings the sweet potatos(this year she promises to make half marshmellow and half with the pecans and cocoanut :D ) One sister will bring a pumpkin and pecan pie and one will bring a pumpkin cheesecake. A brother will bring the cranberry jello salad and cheeseball. We will all eat too much then it will be time for some football or a Wii tournament and some will nap. :o :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:33 pm

This morning I had to help form the dinner roll dough into little balls and fill the baking trays with them. :D

Big big eating party going on at my in-laws.(7 sister-in-laws and 1 brother - in-law) that equates to at least 9 different kinds of pies will be on the spread.

The aroma of fresh baked rolls is filling the computer area, making me think I need to hunt for a snack. Enjoy the day!!!! :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Just Plain Ole Camp Cooking”