Eggs & Eggs & Eggs all kinds and more Eggs

Share your favorite food, the greasier the better. I love bacon!!!!! and also eggs.
ImageImage
zelph

Re: Eggs & Eggs & Eggs all kinds and more Eggs

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:56 am

DarenN wrote:
zelph wrote:I got 2 today. The ones that look like a swim cap :lol:

I was able to poach 2 eggs in one pouch, made some photos and will post later or tomorrow.

Zelph. you and i have a different method for poached eggs. the difference is the water level. i don't cover mine with water. just halfway up the outside of the little cups. it's the way my Grandma did it, useing what she called desert bowls. i used to have an egg poaching fry-pan that had a tray that fit in the top lip, under the edge of the lid, and had holes where little s/s cups would fit holding the cups above the level of the water. maybe mine are better called Steamed than Poached?

Daren......

I did not want the eggs to get submerged as you see in the photo. They were floating nicely until I walked away for a min. or so and the water came to a vigorous boil and swamped them :lol: Water came up and over in three locations and cooked them in that fashion. My aunt had a restaurant and I was able to see how they would poach eggs in a hurry by boiling water and carefully slide 2 eggs into the boiling water. The eggs were removed from the shell and put into a bowl first and then slid from the bowlinto the boiling water. If you can picture the bowl also being slightly in the water when the eggs were allowed to slip gently into the water. The eggs would instantly start to cook and would remain intact through the process. Once cooked the eggs were removed with a wide rigid scoop that had drain holes in it. The chef had to have finess in order to do a good job at this method of poaching.

Different ways to do eggs :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:38 am

zelph wrote:
DarenN wrote:
zelph wrote:I got 2 today. The ones that look like a swim cap :lol:

I was able to poach 2 eggs in one pouch, made some photos and will post later or tomorrow.

Zelph. you and i have a different method for poached eggs. the difference is the water level. i don't cover mine with water. just halfway up the outside of the little cups. it's the way my Grandma did it, useing what she called desert bowls. i used to have an egg poaching fry-pan that had a tray that fit in the top lip, under the edge of the lid, and had holes where little s/s cups would fit holding the cups above the level of the water. maybe mine are better called Steamed than Poached?

Daren......

I did not want the eggs to get submerged as you see in the photo. They were floating nicely until I walked away for a min. or so and the water came to a vigorous boil and swamped them :lol: Water came up and over in three locations and cooked them in that fashion. My aunt had a restaurant and I was able to see how they would poach eggs in a hurry by boiling water and carefully slide 2 eggs into the boiling water. The eggs were removed from the shell and put into a bowl first and then slid from the bowlinto the boiling water. If you can picture the bowl also being slightly in the water when the eggs were allowed to slip gently into the water. The eggs would instantly start to cook and would remain intact through the process. Once cooked the eggs were removed with a wide rigid scoop that had drain holes in it. The chef had to have finess in order to do a good job at this method of poaching.

Different ways to do eggs :D

Microwave :lol: :lol: a raw egg.
:lol: :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 am

Oops, many time I have scrambled eggs in the microwave. Zap them for 1 min. take them out and stir, put them back in and zap for 15 sec. take em out stir and then back in for 15 sec and they should be done, if not another zap :D

I know you, you want an exploding egg :mrgreen:

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:22 pm

zelph wrote:Oops, many time I have scrambled eggs in the microwave. Zap them for 1 min. take them out and stir, put them back in and zap for 15 sec. take em out stir and then back in for 15 sec and they should be done, if not another zap :D

I am the house wife now i clean it up :mrgreen:

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:24 pm

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:Oops, many time I have scrambled eggs in the microwave. Zap them for 1 min. take them out and stir, put them back in and zap for 15 sec. take em out stir and then back in for 15 sec and they should be done, if not another zap :D

Is your wife getting to a point where she can help with the house chores? Like, turn the pages of the Betty Crocker Cookbook :D

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:07 pm

zelph wrote:
oops56 wrote:

Is your wife getting to a point where she can help with the house chores? Like, turn the pages of the Betty Crocker Cookbook :D

She up and walking and now a little it wont be long i well be kick out of the kitchen :D :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am

Oops, were glad to here that she's up and walking. she''ll be kicking butt pretty soon, be cool!!!! don't get her riled :mrgreen:

Hey, I found my one egg poacher that I experimented with awhile back. The egg holder fits on top of the Ti mug that I recently used with silicon poacher. The little lid fots the mug, wow, that a nice find for those interested in lids for mugs. Keep your eyes peeled while in the thrift stores for thos 1 egg poachers. Ridgerunner has found a few that I know of. Here are 2 photos of the mug with poacher parts. I also came upon a bunch of photos of the poaching session, they're all mixed up, you'll have to make heads and tails of them. :roll:

Here is the thread on Whiteblaze.net Fresh Eggs On The Trail

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

GAGA

Postby GAGA » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:34 pm

this are my eggs http://www.rei.com/product/753943 and there are 16 of them :mrgreen:
you can pay for school,but you can never buy class!

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:43 pm

are those powdered eggs?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

GAGA

Postby GAGA » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:11 pm

[quote="irrationalsolutions"]are those powdered eggs?[/quote
aha and there is powder milk and coconut milk...new stuff :idea:
you can pay for school,but you can never buy class!

Return to “Just Plain Ole Camp Cooking”