Blueberry Cake with alcohol stove.

Share your favorite food, the greasier the better. I love bacon!!!!! and also eggs.
ImageImage
zelph

Blueberry Cake with alcohol stove.

Postby zelph » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:45 pm

While the site was down I had time to make a cake.

I used 2 aluminum jello mold pans well margarined up.

I mixed 2 packages of Betty Crocker Blueberry Muffin mix up and put it into one of the jello molds. I then put the other mold on top of it and secured the two together with clips. I put this set-up into an aluminum pot with 1/2 cup water.

I then put 2 fluid ounces of HEET alcohol fuel into a Fancee Feest stove, lit it up, put the jello mold oven on top of it and waited.

The stove burned for 15 min. till flame out.

I let the set-up sit , covered with a towel(cozy), for and additional 30 min for it to continue to bake. This baking was done in my kitchen as an experiment. The cake turned out just right. The little video shows the cake about two min. after removing it from the mold, still nice and warm.

I'll post vido and more detailed photos tomorrow. Be sure to come back :)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Re: Blueberry Cake with alcohol stove.

Postby zelph » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:53 pm

I zipped on over to get the photos for you:

The first two are of the modified clip to hold the three pans together while baking. They hole onto the pot edges with vigor :geek:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: Blueberry Cake with alcohol stove.

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:56 pm

The first two are of the modified clip to hold the three pans together while baking. They hole onto the pot edges with vigor
Excellent modification, Zelph ! I'll be using that one. The blueberry cake looks awfully tasty.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Just Plain Ole Camp Cooking”