Vargo Stainless Steel Bot

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Vargo Stainless Steel Bot

Postby zelph » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:44 pm

This is a work in progress page for an upcoming sale on the V Bot....stay tuned for future info

Description
Stop carrying (and paying for) a water bottle AND cooking pot--the Stainless Steel BOT is made to replace both! Half water bottle, half cooking pot, it performs both functions exceptionally well while weighing less than most standard water bottles. It converts easily from a water bottle to a cooking pot with a simple flip of the lid yet its watertight, temperature resistant O-ring won’t melt when exposed to heat. The BOT fits in most standard water bottle pockets. What it doesn’t fit into is the convention that you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Just another Vargo original idea.

Features:

Screw-top lid with a watertight, heat-resistant O-ring that doubles as a cooking pot lid
Wide mouth design to make cooking, cleaning, and using a lot easier. It can fit your entire hand inside it while still fitting in most water bottle pockets!
1.0 liter capacity to make measuring, cooking meals, and sterilizing water more convenient
Both pieces work well with pot lifters
Specifications:

Capacity: 1.0 liter (34 oz)
Diameter: 4.1 inches (105 mm)
Height: 6.3 inches (160 mm)
Weight:

Stainless Steel BOT - 8.4 ounces (238 grams)

votes
Question: Is there a nesting cup that you can put the bot in. I was looking at the tokas brand pots I think by my calculations it will fit inside the 1000ml pot
Answer: It is essentially the same diameter as a Wal-Mart 532 ml stainless cup which I suppose is about the same diameter as a MSR cup. I'm not sure what the 1000 ml pot is you are referencing but, if the cup will nest in the pot the Vargo should as well. The pot should be shallower than the BOT.
As a side: The Vargo will g… see more

ROGER M · September 24, 2015
See all 2 answers
vote
Question: Is the inside of the lid 100% plastic/ rubber/ silicone free? Does it touch the inside contents of the bottle?
Answer: The inside of the lid is exactly like the outside, there is only a removeable o-ring that seals very tightly. The top and bottom are each one solid piece of metal, no other parts other than o-ring

Jeff Hunter · July 4, 2015
See all 3 answers
vote
Question: Is the lid threaded or does it just push on?
Answer: Threaded

Kendell M. · March 13, 2015
See all 5 answers
vote
Question: Does it fit in a condor water bottle pouch (or similar) ??? THNX
Answer: I use condor pouches. It is a very snug fit. It went in o.k. unattached. Its more difficult to insert and remove when attached using MOLLE which distorts the pouch some. The lid is larger in diameter than the body. I don't have one handy to try but, I don't believe the bottom will slip over a standard MSR or simila… see more

ROGER M · April 12, 2015
See all 6 answers
votes
Question: The advertisement notes "vargo stainless steel bot bottle pot" and later it notes, "titanium constructions"....which is it, Titanium or Stainless?
Answer: It depends on which one it is... titanium is darker and more expensive. I have the SS version and have had no problems with it. Love it

Wolfgang · November 22, 2016
See all 3 answers
votes
Question: What is the practical capacity of the Bot - is it 34oz to the rim with the lid removed or to the bottom of the threading?
Answer: 32 ounces to bottom of the threading about 36 ounces to the rim.

Lisa S. · December 15, 2014
See all 2 answers
votes
Question: My son wants this for home use. Not for cooking, but for keeping drinking water cold at his desk, and drinking from directly. Will it work for this?
Answer: It will work for this, but I wouldn't recommend it. First, it's too expensive for just a water bottle that will stay at his desk. Second, if he wants to keep water cold, an insulated water bottle would be better. Third, this isn't fantastically conducive to drinking b/c the mouth is too big.

aamazonreaderr · May 26, 2016
See all 3 answers
votes
Question: How much does it weigh in ounces?
Answer: From the Vargo website: "Weight: 8.4 ounces (238 grams)"

Paul Buikema · November 21, 2016
votes
Question: Is the bot extreamly hot to touch after cooking a meal over a fire?
Customers are chatting about this View conversation

High quality Grade 304 stainlesss steel construction
1 liter capacity (34 oz),Wide mouth
Unlined, uncoated material
Water tight, heat resistant O-ring
Lid doubles as water bottle and cooking lid
1 liter capacity (34 oz.), biocompatible, wide mouth
Lid doubles as water bottle and cooking lid
Water tight, heat resistant O-ring

Top Reviews
W. N.
4.0 out of 5 starsGood kit, durable, takes up some space.
July 2, 2018
Verified Purchase
I bought this for backpacking and cold soaking. All the wide mouth jars I could find, Nalgene or peanut butter, were all made out of plastics that are not recommended plastics. This means you shouldn't ingest the stuff. I don't worry when buy almond butter, scrape out the last bit and then use the jar for nuts and bolts--it hasn't been scraped and gouged, but on the trail for a week or two.... Now you're eating the plastic. Not much, but best avoided. Screw on top containers that are safe? Glass and Vargo, stainless steel or titanium. Titanium is three times the price.
After three months: I didn't use this as much as I thought I would, but I did carry it, jammed it into my pack, sat on that pack, etc... It held up great. There's some discussion about the cross threading, and the lid getting stuck, but you'll always be able to get it open--sooner if dinner is inside. It's just a bit slippery in the hands. A couple of rubber bands would help, but you'll never need a wrench. It's well made.
I did make a handle for it, by wrapping a couple of loops of SS piano wire around it and adding a thin stick as a handle. It ain't pretty but it works.
What I did notice is that backpack space is an important consideration. This is rigid, takes up some space. My JetBoil, a little bigger--but I used that every day. My pack is a large 65L Osprey, but you can't just stuff this into a corner like you can do--even with a tent (minus the poles). It's not a negative, just a consideration. I should've sent this home, but I'll never get rid of it. Also, I never cooked in it, so any issues with that I don't know, but I can't see any.
Read more
One person found this helpful Helpful Comment Report abuse
Robert C. Babcock
4.0 out of 5 starsThe only 1 L pot that I can verify will nest with a Nalgene!
June 27, 2017
Verified Purchase
I absolutely love my BOT! It falls just short of perfection but it's a fantastic bottle/pot hybrid. The main draw for me is that it's the only 1 L pot I am aware of that nests flawlessley with a 1 L Nalgene! To me that's epic. The bottle itself is pretty nice. Not a lot to say, it's a bottle! Or is it a pot?

My only complaints are with the lid. It's easy to cross thread it and it's really noisy in use. It's difficult to open if you really crank it down but if you don't it will leak. Also it's too big IMO. The lid is too thick. I wish it was a bit more compact as I don't carry water in the BOT, I nest it with a Nalgene and the lid rides under them both in a carrier.

A few tweaks would make this perfect but as-is it's a 4.5 star product. Really a great item!
2 people found this helpful Helpful Comment Report abuse
Josh W.
3.0 out of 5 starsMore of a pot than bottle
November 19, 2016
Verified Purchase
The container is great for a single person cook pot and works ok in that role though i wouldnt use it as a water bottle because the mouth of the bottle is just too wide and it only works ok in the function of a cook pot because since it is smooth and has no grab handles it seems to want to slip out of your hand in addition its really difficult to handle as a cook pot especially when hot. Thick rawhide or mechanix gloves reccommended if using this as a cook pot and while using this bot as a cook pot it did rust a little on the inside of the container.. overall not the best but it does hold water and you can cook food and boil water in it. 3 out of 5
4 people found this helpful Helpful Comment Report abuse
missy7174
5.0 out of 5 starsWaterproof PSK and BOT! Massive cool
February 13, 2015
Verified Purchase
Self contained waterproof PSK container. Rugged, compact and seals well! Doesn't fit nesting cups but any 10 mm pot or cup does very well. In a Maxpedition H2o pouch it leaves extra room in top as well as having the outside pocket left over. More useful than just a canteen and solid! Bought another recently
5 people found this helpful Helpful Comment Report abuse
ZenViking
5.0 out of 5 starsA great overall container.
May 5, 2018
Verified Purchase
Its cool to have a wide mouth water container that is also easy to put on the fire. I have been looking for a container similar to this one for quite a while. Lid turns upside down to be a pot lid easily. It also does well storing dried goods like flour or bread mix. It also nests well in a 10cm Zebra pot. I enjoy it.
Helpful Comment Report abuse
foolish bibliophile
5.0 out of 5 starsLike others, I've looked everywhere for a design where ...
June 4, 2018
Verified Purchase
Like others, I've looked everywhere for a design where I can reach my hand into the vessel and scrub the bottom. It's a mystery to me why this design is not the main design for all water bottles, made by all companies, but thankfully, you can get it here. Thanks Bot!
Helpful Comment Report abuse
ROGER M
4.0 out of 5 starsIS IT WORTH THE PRICE?
April 3, 2015
Verified Purchase
I've now used this equipment on a camp out. It worked fine as a water container. The seal worked fine and it didn't leak. When full and used w/ a Solo wood burning stove, it took 13 min to bring it to a rolling boil. This was under calm, static conditions. Normally, I wouldn't fill it to the top and it would certainly boil faster.

It is not a be all, end all. It is not the fault of the bottle but, a poor decision on my part. When spending $35 on a unit I expect more. It has the same problem as using a Kleen Kanteen or other metal bottle - the water boils just fine and then you need to pour its contents. Yes, I should have bought a handle and I shouldn't have bought it without one. But I did. Now to use it, I need to take steps to avoid scalding my hands. A handle from Vargo is another $24 and the reviews say its flimsy. I don't plan on spending more on this item anyway. So I'll fashion one out of wire. I do plan to use it. It is a good, multi-purpose piece of equipment and on a future hike, I'll leave other water and cooking containers at home and see how it works out. At this point, I don't know that it is any better than regular stainless or military style canteen cup and a water bottle. Or perhaps a Stanley cup which comes w/ a handle and lid. We'll see.

My point is, I bought this bottle in large part based on other reviews and didn't adequately think through the alternatives before buying.
Read more
6 people found this helpful Helpful Comment Report abuse
Frank
5.0 out of 5 starsEverything advertised. I did have some issues with getting ...
June 25, 2018
Verified Purchase
Everything advertised. I did have some issues with getting the lid open, but after reading the instructions on where to pry open the cap (where the thread gap is) I had no issues getting the pot open after my contents had cooled down.
Attachments
bot3.JPG
Bot 2.JPG
V Bot.JPG
AStainless Bot.JPG
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”