Go-To Stove vs Cobalt Blue Soloist

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
Intimidator

Go-To Stove vs Cobalt Blue Soloist

Postby Intimidator » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Hey there,
Just wondering the differences between these two puppies. I have the go to stove now, but was thinking the soloist might get a better boil time since i use primarily 3 inch dia. pots. Also, i imagine the soloist weighs a little less.

zelph

Re: Go-To Stove vs Cobalt Blue Soloist

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:19 pm

The "soloist" will be better than the Go-To because it has a smaller diameter fire ring jetting upward. I only have 2 Soloists left and then NO MORE. The design is "retired" due to lack of availability of the aluminum bottles that the body of the stove is made from. The Soloist was originally designed for the small diameter beer can pots.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Intimidator

Postby Intimidator » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:33 am

Thanks zelph. Just ordered one. I have had a bit of trouble lighting the fancee feast and goto from the wicking. Would it be advantageous for me to file down a few notches in the bottom of pot supprt of the ff for the alcohol to reach the wicking? or would this compromise something? I have been diying pots and stoves for a while but just now found this awesome site.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:30 am

Thank you for your purchase and glad you found this site. :D Lots of information collected over the years from many DIY enthusiasts.

Putting notches in the base of the FF pot support will compromise it's design. No notches provide for a more slow, non-radical burn rate.

Using 3" light anywhere kitchen matches works well to light the center of the stove in all weather conditions. 2-3 seconds after ignition the outer wicking will ignite and then put your pot on.

Someone else must have seen your posting and they bought the last one. It's a nice lightweight stove for small pots. The 10cm Imusa Mug is a nice size pot for the stove.

The GOTO stove was created in the same design as the Soloist, just a larger container.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”