zelph wood stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
ConnieD

Re: zelph wood stove

Postby ConnieD » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:36 am

Ridgerunner,

That was a surprise when you pulled the Kelly Kettle off the top. I had no idea it would all fit inside a Kelly Kettle.

This new zelph wood stove burns a long time and in a compact package.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 am

Awesome photos and videos RR. Thanks for taking the time to burn some wood. I could watch wood stoves burn all night. It's 11:00PM and my eyelids are drooping.

The woodgaz starts out as a 1 quart paint can. I cut the top and bottom off and start from there.

It was specifically designed for wood pellets. They are easilly stored for emergency situations in 40 pound bags at the low cost of $4.00 per bag. Twigs are easily consumed also.

I like wood stoves :D

I have to order more stainless hardware cloth so I can make up the round woodgas stoves for use in the kettles. I've had quite a few inquiries about them wanting to know when more will be available. I have a problem Houston :mrgreen: I get to many ideas and I'm easily led away onto other projects. :roll:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:59 am

sudden wrote:RR,

I just sit the hardware cloth on another square to get it closer. No need to do anything with the supports. Just squeeze it together and let it go at the height you want.

My tabs are slightly too wide to fit inside the grids....nothing a dremel tool can't resolve ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:02 am

Connie, the Ghillie Kettle had been burning for awhile when the batteries went dead on my camera or you would have seen the beginning of the process.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 am

Zelph, I tried some wood pellets but they seemed to burn less intense with no big flames. Is that the way pellets burn?

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Zelph, I tried some wood pellets but they seemed to burn less intense with no big flames. Is that the way pellets burn?

If you get a good fire started to completely ignite the entire surface you will have some nice flames.

There are two varieties of pellets, soft and hard wood. Soft wood starts more easy than the hard and has more flames.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:17 pm

That explains it. Mine are hard wood pellets!

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:That explains it. Mine are hard wood pellets!

It took me a while to find out that there were 2 kinds.

Now this is a long video that is unlisted only we can see it. It's long. I boiled 1 gallon of water with one load of wood.

This video can put me to sleep :lol: or at least make drowsy. Remember...........this stove is made from a 1 quart paint can. We see many a folk out there that have made double wall stoves using the quart can with smaller can to create the double wall. My stove is single wall. yaddayaddayadda :lol: Me on my soap box about single/double wall :o

Edited to include message about windscreen:

In the video you can see a 3 fold windscreen that can be found on ebay and thrift stores. I have found two over the years at thrift stores. I use mine. :D Keep your eyes open for them. They are handy for reflecting heat back to you on cold evenings while watching the fire burn. ;)

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:34 pm

I have that tri-fold windscreen.

If you want one, I suggest looking for a "spatter shield" for frying. I found mine in the kitchen section.

One hour burn? One gallon boiling water. ;)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Sounds like some legs rubbing together in the testing facility :P this stove does burn a long time. ;) Did the charcoal take off? Put a piece of Ss hardware cloth on top and throw a bacon wrapped tenderloin and bnls chop on the grill. ;)

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”