Companion burner for the Woodgaz and Bushbuddy stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
ConnieD

Re: Companion burner for the Woodgaz and Bushbuddy stove

Postby ConnieD » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:03 pm

I got mine to melt snow.

I don't have a Bushbuddy stove.

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:25 am

:D They are built like a BSH and I am now out of stock :(

They will also work with the European made Bushcooker and the MK-1 wood stove made by our one and only Daren up in British Columbia.

The Companion is really a good Survival stove to have on hand in case of natural disaster such as Earthquakes, Ice Storms/snowstorms that may have your electric knocked out for a week or so. The fuels that can be used in it are not limited to the alcohols. Caution should be used with all flammable fuel products.

Connie, put some fire to yours and make something hot to drink. :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

cadyak

Postby cadyak » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 pm

I know you are busy but let us know when you make some more of the companion stoves please. They are very nice
Thanks

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 pm

cadyak wrote:I know you are busy but let us know when you make some more of the companion stoves please. They are very nice
Thanks

I'll be working on them today. I'm going to add a small copper wick to the center for extra lighting power at very low temperatures. :geek: It works well on other stoves, will also work well on this burner.

cadyak

Postby cadyak » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Ive been meaning to tell you for a while how much i like the wick on the Cobalts. How did you think of that? :D

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:08 pm

zelph, They will also work with the European made Bushcooker and the MK-1 wood stove made by our one and only Daren up in British Columbia.

I just happen to have a DarenN MK-1 UL wood stove.

zelph, The Companion is really a good Survival stove to have on hand in case of natural disaster such as Earthquakes, Ice Storms/snowstorms that may have your electric knocked out for a week or so. The fuels that can be used in it are not limited to the alcohols. Caution should be used with all flammable fuel products.

I figured it would be an excellent one-stove survival stove, especially so, with the DarenN MK-1 UL.

That is, if I could only have "one stove system".

zelph, I'm going to add a small copper wick to the center for extra lighting power at very low temperatures.

Now I want a wicked one, too, to compare in cold temperatures <sigh> and I thought I had attained stove perfection.

This stove has your special wicking material inside this stove and the really nice stainless steel mesh of the SS StarLyte Ultralytes, that works great in cold temperatures.

Would the copper improve on that? Colder cold temperatures?
Last edited by ConnieD on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Would the copper improve on that? Colder cold temperatures?

Yes especially single digit temperatures.

Ive been meaning to tell you for a while how much i like the wick on the Cobalts. How did you think of that? :D

The copper wick was not my idea, it was DaddyMnM He used it to bring fuel upward in a stove design. I used in reverse to take fire down into the fuel resevoir. In cold temperatures it's had to light alcohol when it's down inside a deep container cavity. I'm going to place it on the companion burner as assurance factor. :D In extreme cold we need all the help we can get. ;) I've sent 2 of these burners to Sweden where the temps get to be extreme. Did you see on tv McDonalds has a restaurant in Sweden where snowmobiles have a drive up window they can go to?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=689&p=13380&hilit=desolder+wick#p13380

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 pm

I'll have 2 dozen ready tomorrow.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:01 pm

I have them ready today. Stove store will updated tomorrow. They can be purchased now by using the paypal button at the store.

I've installed wicks in them also. My initial test of the burner showed me putting in 3 ounces of fuel and it held in suspension. I didn't bother to test it with 4 ounces. I did test it today and it holds 4 ounces in suspension. I'll have to do another video as a revision to include the wick feature.
Video of the wick on fire video will get brighter once I light the match.....wait 30 seconds....sorry for the poor quality.

Attachments
GrizzBridge 012.jpg

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:18 pm

zelph,

How cold is it?

Is the wick copper? Does it lay across the top of the other material as it appears to in the picture?

If I had "cold temperatures" here in Montana, I would show you a "cold temperature" video.

Right now, 7 PM, it is 41 F and the forecast for tomorrow is 53 F.

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”