Tea Kettle 2 cup capacity

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Tea Kettle 2 cup capacity

Postby zelph » Thu May 27, 2010 10:45 pm

I got a good deal on a tea kettle today at the thrift store. Cut the spout of and mounted it to a Snapple aluminum bottle. I was well pleased to hear it sound off when the water boiled. :DB: :DP:

Tomorrow I'll post the "blooper" video :mrgreen: maybe I'll change my name to oops66

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Re: Tea Kettle 2 cup capacity

Postby DarenN » Thu May 27, 2010 11:08 pm

:D :D :D
i think i hate you! :lol:

i love it!!!! :mrgreen:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 28, 2010 6:42 am

Awesome Zelph! I like you whistle as it is hinged and permenantly attached. The one I found is removeable and thus losible. It is good to see the idea in operation, Thanks! :mrgreen: :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri May 28, 2010 10:42 am

Can you make one that sounds like a "buck snort" or something more natural in the woods? :o

How about one for people in Ohio that'll call turkeys? :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri May 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Awesome Zelph! I like you whistle as it is hinged and permenantly attached. The one I found is removeable and thus losible. It is good to see the idea in operation, Thanks! :mrgreen: :DP:

Did you ever try another attempt at your pot whistle?

I was doing a few more boils with it today while cleaning out my greenhouse. I like how the whistle sounds :lol: I had to make an adjustment to the pivot pin, peened it over a tad and in the process the super glue failed and the unit came off. :( Now I have to go to plan B :D good ole JB Weld.
I knew the SGlue would fail ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri May 28, 2010 4:14 pm

On another note..I tried the Alumiweld on a bicycle rim..melted the rim down before fixing the hole.. :cry: ..Oh well...It eventually did stick to the rim material but it was too late.I'll need to find another matching rim and respoke it to the hub..That'll be a challenge.
I don't suggest using Alumiweld for anything you care about :roll: ...might be good for kelly kettles.... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 28, 2010 4:27 pm

realityguy wrote:On another note..I tried the Alumiweld on a bicycle rim..melted the rim down before fixing the hole.. :cry: ..Oh well...It eventually did stick to the rim material but it was too late.I'll need to find another matching rim and respoke it to the hub..That'll be a challenge.
I don't suggest using Alumiweld for anything you care about :roll: ...might be good for kelly kettles.... :lol:

Cuz, if I can weld lightweight aluminum soda cans without burning thru them, surely you can do a bicycle rim :roll: . First you need to practice on something other than a desirable object(your rim) until you get the hang of it. Work your propane torch in a circular motion until the metal is heated and then work the alumiweld rods back and forth across the area to be welded while keeping the torch moving in the area next to the weld. Follow the heated torch area with the rod. Just like everything, practice make perfect! :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri May 28, 2010 4:39 pm

I don't know if the rim is an alloy or aluminum per se..but I did that and it did melt the rim before the alumiweld would melt..I was running both at once,the torch and the rod..

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 28, 2010 5:52 pm

realityguy wrote:I don't know if the rim is an alloy or aluminum per se..but I did that and it did melt the rim before the alumiweld would melt..I was running both at once,the torch and the rod..

Bummer! I found out quick that you can't leave the propane flame in one spot very long. I plan on doing a few stove creations with those rods once I get all the chores caught up :roll: Is that possible :?: :oops:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Did you ever try another attempt at your pot whistle?

Not yet. I had thought of using it on another military canteen kettle.

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”