BudLyte Super Stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
Ridgerunner

Re: BudLyte Super Stove

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:37 pm

zelph wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:Link does not work for me :o

Let's try it again

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/labor-day- ... e-sale.php

Hah!!! it works :D

Hope your sale went smooth and emptied stock ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:57 pm

It went smooth and still have a few left. :)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

gryphon50

Postby gryphon50 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:07 pm

z, I have a couple of these and I was thinking of squishing the top of one into an oval shape to better heat a canteen cup.
I really like these stoves but I'm not giving up my starlytes anytime soon. But I thought I'd check to see if you've tried this before possibly wrecking a perfectly good stove.

Any of you other guys (or girls) have any recommendations on the perfect canteen cup stove?
Thanks,
Steve

oops56

Postby oops56 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:33 pm

gryphon50 wrote:z, I have a couple of these and I was thinking of squishing the top of one into an oval shape to better heat a canteen cup.
I really like these stoves but I'm not giving up my starlytes anytime soon. But I thought I'd check to see if you've tried this before possibly wrecking a perfectly good stove.

Any of you other guys (or girls) have any recommendations on the perfect canteen cup stove?
Thanks,
Steve

yup i been thinking on it i get there soon i got 2 type stoves that work in them esbit fold up ones on alcohol and the stove will fold up with the burner in it
Man play with fire man get burnt

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:06 pm

I would think a potstand the shape of the canteen cup will make the burner adjust to the cup or the edge of the stand..say an elongated spam can,canned salmon can or some other one closer to the shape of your cup.The burner's flame will adjust to the shape of whatever it is in where the oxygen is at the edge of the potstand itself rather than the round burner.Try an elongated potstand instead of bending a burner..Punch holes around the top(and bottom) edge of a spam can..set you canteen on that..and get a free meal with it.. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

oops56

Postby oops56 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:22 pm

realityguy wrote:I would think a potstand the shape of the canteen cup will make the burner adjust to the cup or the edge of the stand..say an elongated spam can,canned salmon can or some other one closer to the shape of your cup.The burner's flame will adjust to the shape of whatever it is in where the oxygen is at the edge of the potstand itself rather than the round burner.Try an elongated potstand instead of bending a burner..Punch holes around the top(and bottom) edge of a spam can..set you canteen on that..and get a free meal with it.. :mrgreen:

over in the uk they have a esbit stove with pot stand like a cover goes on top in shape of the canteen to sit in
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:15 pm

I have the British military made stainless steel cup and stove kit with stainless steel lid. This unit is rock solid and the guy on tv survives with it where ever he goes. Bear what's his name :roll:

A friend of mine up in British Colombia is testing a Companion Burner that I designed for him to fit under the cup. My tests came out great for as heavy as the cup is. It's not for gramm concious folks like oops56 :mrgreen:

This Is what I call a companion burner, all that is needed is a pot support to be called a stove................right?
Attachments
Companion Burner 004.jpg
Companion Burner 005.jpg
Companion Burner 003.jpg
Companion Burner 002.jpg
Companion Burner 001.jpg
BCB British GI-Joe stovemug 004.jpg
BCB British GI-Joe stovemug 001.jpg
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

gryphon50

Postby gryphon50 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 am

Thanks for the reply folks. I have a couple of the crusader set ups myself. I saw the stand that oops mentioned on the net once and was never able to find it again. If I'm thinking of the right one, it kinda looks like a 'one-holer' outhouse, the cup going into a hole shaped like the bottom of the crusader cup. I'll have to look around again.

I still prefer the USGI cup though. Maybe I haven't used the crusader enough.

Steve

gryphon50

Postby gryphon50 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:25 am

What's the copperish thingie? Heat transfer back to the stove? What kind of boil times were you getting? And what kind of mesh? And went are they for sale?
I'll go take a nap now....my head hurts.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:35 pm

The "copperish thingie" is Zelph's copper wick which allows lighting without burning your fingers ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”