"Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot AKA "Cobalt Blue Soloist"

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
Bull

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby Bull » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Hello Zelph,
I'd like to buy a cobalt stove for heineken pot. Is it also $15 + $3 s/h ?
Please post address so I can mail postal money order.
Thank you,
Mike

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Bull wrote:Hello Zelph,
I'd like to buy a cobalt stove for heineken pot. Is it also $15 + $3 s/h ?
Please post address so I can mail postal money order.
Thank you,
Mike

Hi Bull, yes the price is right. I'll give you an address to send it to in a Personal Message. At the top of the page near the base of the mountains you'll see "1 new message" click on it to receive your message from me.

Thanks Mike
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:06 am

If I were to invert it on the pavement, I'd be able to stand on it and use it as a step stool, It's rugged

I want a picture of this !!! :lol: Would make a good promotional video ! :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:23 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
If I were to invert it on the pavement, I'd be able to stand on it and use it as a step stool, It's rugged

side by side with Oops' avatar! :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:33 am

Ridgerunner wrote:

Camera rolling...Zelph's wife standing in the kitchen looking at someything on the top shelf of a cabinet..muttering "Now where the hell did he put my stool..I'll fix him!" camera still rolling..stacks a few of his cobalts until she can balance and reach what she wants on one foot..Zelph walks in and has a cow!..but the stoves are fine!Zelph mutters.. "Thank God these were cobalts and not one of Tinny's!"(CUT!)

:DB: :DBfire: :DB:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:18 pm

realityguy wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:

Camera rolling...Zelph's wife standing in the kitchen looking at someything on the top shelf of a cabinet..muttering "Now where the hell did he put my stool..I'll fix him!" camera still rolling..stacks a few of his cobalts until she can balance and reach what she wants on one foot..Zelph walks in and has a cow!..but the stoves are fine!Zelph mutters.. "Thank God these were cobalts and not one of Tinny's!"(CUT!)

:DB: :DBfire: :DB:

Two BROWNIE points for Realityguy. :DP: :DP: :DP:
Brown Noser ! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:38 pm

:DBfire: :DB: :DBfire: :lol: :DBfire: :DB: :DBfire:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Good story!!!! :DBfire: Just for the fun of I took a "Cobalt" (regular) and put my total weight of 258 pounds onto it several times with out having it fail in any way. If I were to put it on it's side and step on it, I think it would crush. :roll:

When bull asked ti purchase one of these Cobalt for Heineken pots my mind was not engaged and said yes. I only had one, my original prototype that I tested and went on to ship it to a stovie in Texas and he then returned it after using it as a model for his design of a double walled stove. Today I lived up to my word that I would sell him one and sent it off to him. :) I no longer have any for sale :o I don't have any more. I got interested in staying focused on the regular one.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:52 pm

zelph wrote:Good story!!!! :DBfire: Just for the fun of I took a "Cobalt" (regular) and put my total weight of 258 pounds onto it several times with out having it fail in any way. If I were to put it on it's side and step on it, I think it would crush. :roll:

When bull asked ti purchase one of these Cobalt for Heineken pots my mind was not engaged and said yes. I only had one, my original prototype that I tested and went on to ship it to a stovie in Texas and he then returned it after using it as a model for his design of a double walled stove. Today I lived up to my word that I would sell him one and sent it off to him. :) I no longer have any for sale :o I don't have any more. I got interested in staying focused on the regular one.

Ahh, it finally returned. Please don't step on it as I believe you promised that to some prankster. :DP: :DP: :lol: :DBfire: :DBfire: :lol: :DB: :DB:

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
zelph wrote:

Ahh, it finally returned. Please don't step on it as I believe you promised that to some prankster. :DP: :DP: :lol: :DBfire: :DBfire: :lol: :DB: :DB:

I finally got back to doing more changes and perfecting the burn rate of this stove. I decreased the basic Cobalt body height and increased the pot stand height and added a fiberglass sleeve between pot stand and stove body to prevent fuel from being captured between the two. Initially the fuel was being super heated and would occasionally "pop" as the stove was being used. The sleeve has corrected that. There is fiberglass cloth between the two walls of the stove to aid in almost instantanious bloom.

I'm consistantly getting 2 cups of 70 degree water to boil using 3/4 ounce of Heet(yellow) fuel. Time is around the 8:15 average with flame out being around 9:30 or so. The tests were with a covered heineken pot. The enclosed photos show the flame pattern. The stove is top jetted with fewer jets from the original count.

I'll be making a dozen or so stoves to be available on ebay. And yes RR one will be sent to you as promised :DB:

As soon as I can I'll take some photos of the flame pattern under a 3 inch diameter aluminum mug. The flame stays pretty much confined to the bottom of the pot. I suspect I'll be able to get 2 cups to boil with 1/2 ounce of fuel. Ive gotten it to easily boil with 3/4 oz.

You can see the jet pattern in the photos.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”