"Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot AKA "Cobalt Blue Soloist"

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby zelph » Wed May 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Hey!!!!! good news :D

As of today I re-listed the Cobalt Blue and included the Ignition Wick into the stove assembly. Same low price, more user friendly.

Oh!!! another thing. For those of you that may be concerned about burning ink that's on the stove. The ink is FDA approved for food containers and is Eco Friendly. Have no fear!!! No harming the environment here :D

The cool fuel flask is also included in the package ;)
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 22, 2009 11:40 pm

Thanks for the Cobalt Blues, Zelph. I took the short one and fired it up. Nice pattern on the Heine pot. The stove is solid and the ss pot support is firmly entrenched in the burner. Nice one piece design(kiss). I gave it a whirl with 1/2 ounce of Heet. The stove burned for 6 minutes but the 2 cups of water was just forming bubbles. I upped the fuel to 3/4oz. and repeated the process to get a rolling boil at the 7 minute mark and continue boiling until flameout at 9minutes 10seconds.A nice solid stove. I dropped it on the concrete and it took its first battle scar with a nice ding on the bottom edge but did not effect its performance and the ss pot support did not come loose. Nice job, Zelph ! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat May 23, 2009 9:07 am

I got mine too. thanks Zelph! good, solid design; well thought out and expertly executed.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Vibe

Postby Vibe » Sun May 24, 2009 3:14 am

I did a quick test in the garage, no windscreen. The stove will light with the pot in place and blooms right off that way. I got bubbles at 4:40, but no boil in 9 minutes with 3/4oz id Heet. Tried it again and it was the lack of windscreen that was the issue.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun May 24, 2009 4:35 am

Vibe wrote:I did a quick test in the garage, no windscreen. The stove will light with the pot in place and blooms right off that way. I got bubbles at 4:40, but no boil in 9 minutes with 3/4oz id Heet. Tried it again and it was the lack of windscreen that was the issue.

I got my boil without the windscreen in the garage. I will test it further !
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun May 24, 2009 6:00 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
Vibe wrote:I did a quick test in the garage, no windscreen. The stove will light with the pot in place and blooms right off that way. I got bubbles at 4:40, but no boil in 9 minutes with 3/4oz id Heet. Tried it again and it was the lack of windscreen that was the issue.

I got my boil without the windscreen in the garage. I will test it further !

Here is a pic of the nice flame pattern of the Cobalt Blue with my newly aquired 2 cup coffee pot.
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/Ridgerunner56/?action=view&current=DSCF2199.jpg

Growler

Postby Growler » Sun May 24, 2009 6:03 pm

Zelph, Im going to be picking up one of these stoves, is it cheaper to go thru ebay or thru the site here? Or is it the same price. I really like the idea that you came up with to keep the flame pattern so even. Good one :D.

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun May 24, 2009 9:23 pm

Zelphie's gone fishing. he'll be back in a day or two.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue May 26, 2009 12:04 am

Thank you for the compliments. It turned out to be a really nice working stove. I've recently made some out of 2.5 diameter bottles. No burn test yet.

Growler, better to buy them here!!!!!save some bucks :D

:cry: :cry: was not able to go fishin :cry: :cry:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Growler

Postby Growler » Tue May 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Sorry to hear you didnt get to fish this weekend, neither did I :cry: . Did you want to pm me the info i need to order one of these stoves. I will prob order one this weekend. Thanks!!!!!!

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”