outback oven diy clone

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
zelph

Re: outback oven diy clone

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Success is is in your favor :D You're getting so good at it you'll be able to prepare dinner along with watching junior and doing field work :D

Have to run out the door, be back later.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

churro

Postby churro » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks! I was thinking I might have to use it tonight, since the power has been out most of the day. Back on now, though :( . I have the advantage of having had lots of practice with the outback oven. It's kind of fiddly to use, but I actually like that. I can't keep my fingers out of the soup, even when someone else is cooking :oops: .

I've been thinking of trying out a new setup, more compact and lighter. It'll be something like a K-Mart grease pot with a caldera cone and a baking hood.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:55 pm

I wonder if your heat diffuser will fit under a cone when you use a grease pot.....hmmmm :?: The gease pot is a nice size but light weight and will probable require a diffuser. Sigh......wish I had more time to bake and experiment. :roll:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

churro

Postby churro » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:22 am

zelph wrote:I wonder if your heat diffuser will fit under a cone when you use a grease pot.....hmmmm :?: The gease pot is a nice size but light weight and will probable require a diffuser. Sigh......wish I had more time to bake and experiment. :roll:

The heat diffuser I have will not fit, But I think you are right that I will need one. I was thinking a steel can lid with minor mods might do the trick.

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”