I Couldn't Resist...LOL

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
FireTamer

I Couldn't Resist...LOL

Post by FireTamer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Why is no matter where I go or what I do, all I see is stoves and parts? I was minding my own business this morning at the local thrift store when this pellet burner jumped right into my cart. First thing I did was to try it out. I think I got my monies worth for $2.00...lol. A little heavy for backpacking but perfect for car camping. Now to work on some Ideas.

FT

cadyak

Re: I Couldn't Resist...LOL

Post by cadyak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Cool!

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 pm

FireTamer wrote:Why is no matter where I go or what I do, all I see is stoves and parts? I was minding my own business this morning at the local thrift store when this pellet burner jumped right into my cart. First thing I did was to try it out. I think I got my monies worth for $2.00...lol. A little heavy for backpacking but perfect for car camping.
FT
It's official, you're hooked! When you have five or six large totes full of possible building materials, you will be considered to have a compulsive material hoarding disorder(also known as a sickness) Keep building man, you're doing well ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 pm

It's amazing how those items can jump so high. I had a shorter version jump into my cart last year. It had pellet stove written all over it. I'm surprised I haven't had a fire in it yet. :oops: I'll write myself a reminder :shock:

What did you use as an extension?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

FireTamer

Post by FireTamer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks guys. Yea, you could say I'm hooked...lol. I have bags and bags, and boxes and boxes of possible stove materials.

The extension is the top part from a metal chicken feeder.

This thing burns fast and hot. I would like to some how incorporate it into something that is somewhat controllable. I'm thinking a beer keg stove with damper/draft control.(maybe). I will admit that I do like the 4' flames though. It would also be interesting to add air holes between the extension and the strainer and raising the stack height some.

Tomorrow I'm going to put it into the wood stove in the first pic right up under the stack just to see if I get useable heat/flames out of the chimney. If I do I will fix a pot stand on the top of it(I will use pan or pot from the deck after lighting).

FT

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:07 pm

It looks like it's too tall to fit in the stove. :?

The pellets sure do like lots of oxygen so the container has perfect perforations in profusion :o say that 3 times real fast. :mrgreen:

FireTamer

Post by FireTamer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:19 pm

I got the burner into the wood stove today. Unfortunately the high wind gusts makes me a little nervous about firing this thing up today. I do have to be careful when two of my property lines are wood-lines. Hopefully tomorrow the winds will die down some. I guess I'll stay inside and play with the alcohol stoves that I got from Zelph yesterday.

ETA: Sorry for the splotchy picture. The sun was right in my face and I should have cleaned the lens...

FT

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Whoa! that stove is plenty big :D photos can be decieving ;) Thanks for taking the photo, gives a better perspective. I'm going to go out now and burn some wood in the Titanium windscreen stove.

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 pm

zelph wrote:Whoa! that stove is plenty big :D photos can be decieving ;) . I'm going to go out now and burn some wood in the Titanium windscreen stove.
hahaha, forget going out there in 5 degree temps :roll: I went out to the wood pile to get wood for the house and that was enough for me...I'm a wusse :mrgreen:

FireTamer

Post by FireTamer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 pm

zelph wrote:
zelph wrote:Whoa! that stove is plenty big :D photos can be decieving ;) . I'm going to go out now and burn some wood in the Titanium windscreen stove.
hahaha, forget going out there in 5 degree temps :roll: I went out to the wood pile to get wood for the house and that was enough for me...I'm a wusse :mrgreen:
I don't know how you folks do it. A lot of respect for you. My ole' bones just can't do it anymore. That being said, I don't like a hot house either. I keep it about 63* to 64* in here. Our friends come over and ask if the heat is broken...lol. :mrgreen:

FT